Assistant Professor of Human Resources Management
Metropolitan State University
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill one full-time, probationary (tenure-track) faculty position in Human Resources Management within the Management, Entrepreneurship & Human Resources Department (MEHR) located in the College of Management beginning August, 2019.
- Teach Human Resource courses including Human Resource Management, Compensation Management, and Employee Benefits
- Teach assigned departmental courses at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level
- Engage in scholarly research or creative activities
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising
- Engage in service to the department, college, university, and community
- Serve a culturally diverse student body by delivering student-centered education and work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Deliver courses via multiple formats, times, and locations including classroom and online, daytime and/or evening, and at multiple locations throughout the Twin Cities area
- Lead course and curriculum development in the position or area to which candidates are applying
The University:† Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area.† We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 41% of our students coming from communities of color.† The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees.† We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adults and communities of color.† Recognized in 2008 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the Presidentís Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu†
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: www.metrostate.edu/security
The School/Academic Department: †The Management, Entrepreneurship, and Human Resource Management department within Metropolitan State Universityís College of Management offers several different programs for preparing students for growth careers and in creating strategic and effective organizations. The Department of Management, Entrepreneurship and Human Resource Management (MEHR) at Metropolitan State University currently serves a diverse undergraduate and graduate student population.† The MEHR department offers a variety of undergraduate & graduate degrees, as well as courses in the Doctorate of Business Administration.† For more information visit: https://www.metrostate.edu/academics/management/management-entrepreneurship-and-human-resource-management
Salary:† Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application:† To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date:† December 7, 2018
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
- In your cover letter, specifically state which position(s) for which you are applying;
- Current curriculum vita or resume;
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy;
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; at least two (2) of the references must be able to address teaching effectiveness;
- Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institutionís name/logo are required.† If doctoral study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date.† We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports.† If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
- Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-855-524-5627 for technical assistance.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Search & Selection Specialist, Michele Chilinski at 651.793.1811
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota Stateís vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Metropolitan State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com