199729 - Associate Director Advancement Services
Associate Director of Advancement Services (199729)
Full time, 40 hours
Clark University’s University Advancement Department seeks to fill the position of Associate Director of Advancement Services. Reporting to the Executive Director Advancement Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Records and Donations Processing, Pledge Management and Prospect Research areas of Advancement Services. This requires an advanced knowledge of all Advancement Service functions and in areas of direct responsibility. This role also manages special projects as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement Services.
Duties and Responsibilities: Included in a range of responsibilities, the Associate Director will:
- Manage the daily work of the Donation and Records Processing staff and ensures that all pledges and gifts to the University are documented and processed accurately and timely.
- Develop and run various reports for reviewing the data integrity of pledges, gifts, event registrations and biographical updates; ensure that necessary corrections to the data are completed when discrepancies are found.
- Create and refine a variety of statistical reports showing the performance of the Records Processing staff and ensure that processing times continue to improve on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and run reports on the status of all outstanding commitments, gifts in designation pending, adjustments and write offs on a monthly basis; review with the Executive Director of Advancement Services so that appropriate actions can be initiated.
- Review all correspondence resulting from pledge and gift entry for completeness and accuracy before distribution from Advancement Services.
- Coordinate feed process of transactions into the Financial Services database.
- Review and distributes the daily gift report to University Advancement staff members.
- Work directly with the Financial Services Office to reconcile all business transactions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Request and documents new accounting entities.
- Oversee the work of the Prospect Researchers to ensure prospect profiles and event brief documents are produced in a timely manner with specific attention to accuracy and detail.
- Review up-to-date research briefings on prospects for development staff, senior faculty and administrators.
- Manage the Advancement Services shared directory on the Division of University Advancement’s network to ensure that all of the files and data there are organized and archived in a consistent and easy to retrieve structure and that data relevant to pledge and gift processing is stored there.
- Establish and document departmental policies and procedures; update the units’ manuals describing donations processing policies, procedures, systems and taxation rules and regulations; ensure that all documentation, training and orientation materials for Advancement Service are updated and added to the divisional file share in a timely manner.
- Represent the Executive Director of Advancement Services on University committees in their absence to provide information and ensure that the Division’s position on issues are conveyed, as required.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin November 30th. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants must reference Job code 199729 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically un
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com