Assistant Professor, Exercise Science
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
CAL POLY POMONA TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITION
KINESIOLOGY—EXERCISE SCIENCE (2 POSITIONS)
The Kinesiology and Health Promotion (KHP) Department in the College of Science at California State Polytechnic University Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for two tenure-track positions in Exercise Science at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2019.
The Positions: The faculty member will teach discipline specific undergraduate and graduate lecture courses and labs.
These areas include: exercise science with a background in biomechanics, exercise physiology and/or clinical exercise physiology. They will be expected to develop courses in biomechanics, exercise physiology, or clinical exercise physiology in the Kinesiology and Health Promotion Department curriculum. The position requires excellence in teaching, professional and scholarly achievements, and a commitment to university and community service.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential to mentor undergraduate and graduate students, supervise senior projects, direct Master’s Degree theses and serve on thesis committees, and develop and maintain a scholarly research program that will facilitate acquisition of internal and external funding and enhance graduate student recruitment. The candidate is also expected to be active in professional societies and serve on department, college, and university committees.
By August 1, 2019, the candidate must:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or a closely related field from an accredited institution;
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, service, as well as experience working in an inclusive environment;
- Have a strong academic background in biomechanics, exercise physiology and/or clinical exercise physiology;
- Demonstrate proficiency in college teaching in biomechanics, exercise physiology and/or clinical exercise physiology;
- Demonstrate achievements in scholarly research; and,
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- An academic and research background in biomechanics, exercise physiology and/or clinical exercise physiology;
- Experience teaching research methods and research design;
- Postdoctoral research experience; and,
- Success in obtaining external funding for research
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Date of Appointment: The University seeks to fill the position by Fall 2019. Consideration of completed applications will begin on November 30 and will continue until the position is filled.
For an expanded position announcement and detailed application information visit or contact
(http://apply.interfolio.com/55319) or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State Polytechnic University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com