Faculty in Computer Information Systems
Northland Pioneer College
1. Positively support and promote the collegeís governing board, administrators, faculty, staff, students and communities.
2. Teach courses that are part of the Computer Information Systems departmentís degree and certificate programs.
3. Teach a minimum of 30 credit hours/loads per academic year, at various times and locations, and in various modalities (online, on-campus, interactive video/audio).
4. Participate in department efforts related to planning, developing, evaluating, and revising program curriculum and strategies to increase student success.
5. Assist in department efforts to develop and maintain positive outreach activities and cooperative projects with internal department and external partners.
6. Participate in the planning, coordination and organization of student internship experiences.
7. Provide input regarding equipment needs and budget requirements.
8. Work diligently to stay current in the subject matter areas within the departmentís degree programs as well as in the techniques of effective instruction.
9. Earn and maintain IT industry credentials according to requirements set forth by the department chair and dean.
10. Actively participate in department and division activities, meetings, advisory groups, program review, and serve on college committees as required to support instructional goals and student learning opportunities.
11. Assist with course articulation issues, program marketing and workshops.
12. Assist the department chair in managing the configurations, policies, and staffing of computer labs at all locations.
13. Maintain regular office hours in accordance with department and college policies.
14. Actively assess student learning for academic achievements related to course and program outcomes and assist with annual assessment requirements.
15. Assist in department course scheduling.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelorís Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other closely related subject matter.
2. Must be able to obtain a Masterís Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other closely related subject matter within three years of employment start date.
3. Expert level knowledge in two or more of the following subject areas: computer hardware, systems administration, software development, networking, and cybersecurity.
4. Willingness to travel to sites throughout the district.
5. Demonstrated history of continuous learning related to information technology.
6. Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to interpret and explain information to a variety of persons and groups.
7. Willingness and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and abilities.
8. A strong grasp of effective collaboration and teamwork.
1. Five years of teaching experience at the college level in the Computer Information Systems or closely related subject matter.
2. Experience in developing and/or teaching online courses in Moodle or other learning management systems.
3. Experience in distance education technology (audio/video conferencing).
4. Certified in A+, Network+, Security+ and/or other IT industry recognized certifications.
Forward cover letter (which outlines how you meet the qualifications listed above), resume including dates of employment, copies of transcripts with Degree(s) posted, and a list of five current professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers to:
ATTN: Human Resources Department
†††††††††† Northland Pioneer College
†††††††††† PO Box 610
†††††††††† Holbrook AZ 86025
†††††††††† Fax: 928-524-7477
††††††† Email: Jobs@npc.edu (Please be sure to use attachments for all required application materials. DO NOT copy and paste information into the site)
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northland Pioneer College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com