Senior Assistant Librarian, Data Management
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
The Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) University Library seeks an innovative, knowledgeable, service-oriented Data Management Librarian to begin Fall 2019.
At Cal Poly Pomona we cultivate success through a diverse culture of experiential learning, discovery, and innovation.
This Data Management Librarian understands the importance of data in relation to academic research, campus metrics, ethics, privacy, and access to information.
This person will strategically build good data management practices from within the library and outward, to help our users engage more broadly in their respective fields.
Additionally, this person will enhance the co-curricular experience by promoting evidence-based research, understandable and repeatable data practices, and use of international and national data standards so that our students and faculty will be able to demonstrate their research to the world in a powerful way.
- Master's degree in library science or equivalent from a library school program accredited by the American Library Association
- Evidence of potential to fulfill scholarly research and professional development requirements
- Experience with data management across the research lifecycle, including creating, processing, analyzing, preserving, accessing, and reusing research data
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and/or service work as well as experience working in an inclusive environment
- Reference and teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and data management planning.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools and methods for qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience in information management or working with data in a research context across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff in a rapidly changing information environment.
- Experience working with GIS data and resources
For more information, please see the full job description: http://apply.interfolio.com/57292
Deadline for applications is February 15th, 2019 at 11:59PM EST. Early response is encouraged.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com