Assistant Program Director of Library Systems
Thomas G. Carpenter Library
University of North Florida
The University of North Florida Library seeks a motivated, creative, and user-focused Assistant Program Director of Library Systems.
The Assistant Program Director of Library Systems reports to the Director of Technical Services and Library Systems and helps provide leadership and vision for the enhancement, extension, and integration of technology and tools in support of teaching, research and services needs of the library and university community.
This position assumes oversight responsibilities for the department in the absence of the Director. In addition to providing direct support to the Director, the Assistant Program Director of Library Systems directly supervises the Systems and Digital Technologies Librarian and assists in the overall leadership and direction of library systems and technologies; helps identify and coordinate library computing needs in support of library and university users and helps to set the direction of the library’s technological environment; manages the entire life cycle of projects from requirements gathering to deployment; manages, leads, and collaborates on projects focused on gathering, analyzing, and putting into use high-quality actionable data to determine the value of library services; contributes to the strategic planning and reporting for the Systems unit; and serves as a member of the Carpenter Library’s Leadership Team.
This position ensures successful collaboration with external vendors and the university’s Information Technology Services to provide services that are well-integrated and maintained. For more information visit www.unfjobs.org.
Approved Hiring Salary Range at the rank of Associate Librarian is $80,750 to negotiable.
Applicants with a total of nine years of experience in academic libraries post-MLS and with a minimum of 5 years administrative experience in increasingly responsible positions may be hired at the rank of University Librarian, with a salary of $84,500 to negotiable
For more information please visit our website at www.unfjobs.org.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in academic library environment.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting library specific technologies, e.g. ILLiad, EZProxy, ArchivesSpace, Digital Commons, EBSCO’s Discovery Service (EDS), ILS – such as Ex Libris’ Aleph, and SpringShare products.
- Evidence of strong team building, and ability to collaborate with diverse constituencies in the university community.
- Demonstrable ability planning projects, setting priorities to ensure steady departmental operations.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Excellence in oral and written communication skills, analytical problem solving skills and initiative.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment methodologies and experience working with library specific assessment tools, such as Tableau and LibInsights.
- Experience in the design, development, and management of web interfaces.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting and/or programming languages, XSLT, HTML, XHTML, CSS and ADA guidelines.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must list a minimum of three (3) references with contact information within their applications. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie Parks at (904) 620-2553, or email@example.com. Initial review of applications will begin on November 26, 2018.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of North Florida and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com