Clery Compliance Administrator
Job Req ID: 10749 Johns Hopkins University
This position serves as the principal institutional official responsible for ensuring and monitoring compliance with all laws and regulations under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. The Clery Compliance Administrator will work with policies, standards and procedures to ensure university-wide compliance. It will manage and coordinate the institution's comprehensive program for gathering and disclosing campus safety and security information, crime statistics, and the timely preparation, submission and dissemination of required reports, documents and records. The Clery Compliance Administrator will oversee and participate in conducting institution-wide education and training related to the Clery Act.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the institution's designated "Campus Safety Survey Administrator," as that term is explained by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Manages and coordinates the institution's Clery Act Compliance program.
- Stays abreast of all current and pending laws and regulations affecting Clery Act provisions, as well as changes to the Clery Act. Maintains knowledge of current and new trends or best practices in crime analysis, monitoring and tracking system.
- Works alongside key stakeholders across the institution providing advice and guidance, coordination and oversight in matters related to complying and interpreting the requirements of the Clery Reporting Act.
- Develops, recommends, drafts, and implements the institution's Clery Compliance policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the applicable offices, develops and implements Clery Act required programs and activities.
- Ensures and establishes Clery Act compliance programs at each separate campus.
- Collaborates with the Emergency and Risk Management representatives to ensure compliance with the "Emergency Notification" requirements of the Clery Act.
- Works with various institutional offices to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Sexual Assault Victim's Bill of Rights and the Violence Against Women Act.
- Coordinates with Johns Hopkins Facilities and Real Estate to maintain an accurate list of buildings and properties owned and/or controlled by the institution. Compiles a list of all properties owned or controlled by the university that are used for educational purposes. Determines which must be reported at separate campuses, and which must be reported as non-campus locations to include fraternity and sorority locations.
- Works with the appropriate university departments to identify all Campus Security Authorities for the institution and maintains a list of them for each academic year.
- Manages and coordinates the collection of crime, disciplinary referral data and fire safety data across the university from various internal and external sources, such as the Office of Student Conduct, local law enforcement agencies, and the state police.
- Serves as the Records Custodian for all Clery Act-associated records.
- Collects crime statistics from Campus Security Authorities at all campuses, non-campus locations, regional centers and campuses based overseas.
- Periodically reviews incident reports and ensures proper categorization. Works with the various campus security offices to ensure proper classification of crime incident reports.
- Manages the institution's Timely Warning Report program, tracking and auditing Timely Warnings for Clery requirements.
- Ensures that daily crime and fire logs are created, maintained and in keeping with regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Works with counseling and psychological services and Student Health Services (or similar advocacy center) to gather statistical data related to crimes disclosed to those offices. Ensures that reported crimes are only counted once.
- Coordinates with the appropriate campus departments to ensure compliance with Higher Education Act (HEA) Fire Safety regulations.
- Collaborates with the Emergency and Risk Management representatives to ensure that at least one test per campus is completed each year that includes all required components to meet the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) definition of a test.
- Ensures daily fire logs requirements are complied with across the institution.
- Works in conjunction with the various Campus offices and the Office of General Counsel to prepare, publish, and distribute on a timely basis the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
- Sends annual request for crime statistics to all Campus Security Authorities at the end of each calendar year. Consolidates relevant data from these sources with information and policies from across institutional departments.
- Ensures that separate policies are included for each University campus.
- Ensures that the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report are developed properly and timely, and are disseminated and made available to current and prospective students and employees.
- Develops and implements education and training programs
- Provides, facilitates and/or manages training of campus security authorities.
- Trains key institutional stakeholders on Clery Act requirements.
- Ensures the institution maintains accurate records on security awareness and crime prevention programs and presentations.
- Submits annual crime statistics to the Department of Education, as required.
- Communicates with parents, appropriate university leadership, and other interested parties regarding Clery Act matters.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Criminal Justice, Emergency Management, Law Enforcement or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience working with procedural or management analysis.
- Significant and advanced knowledge of laws and regulations associated with the Jeanne Clery disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (i.e.,, requirements for reporting crime under the Uniform Crime Report, the Jeanne Clery Act and Department of Education mandates) coupled with knowledge of other related federal, state and local laws and regulations (e.g., provisions of Sexual Assault Victim's Bill of Rights), enforcement data base, knowledge of crime analysis and mapping systems
- Three years or more of work experience with an institution of Higher Education.
- A minimum of three years of Clery Act and/or Title IX compliance experience, including experience with drafting Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and in classifying Clery crime and disciplinary referral cases preferred
- Prior experience in policy development and writing preferred
- Experience in a large higher education environment.
Special Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently in a highly matrix, decentralized and complex work environment.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability and experience to develop and draft policy, recommendations, procedures, reports, presentations, and communications, including a well-developed skill in manipulating various types of data and information using computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, databases)
- Excellent oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Technical qualification or specialized certifications:
Must pass pre-employment background check.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Information and Application Process Instructions
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
Apply at, https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Clery-Compliance-Administrator-MD-21211/482227400/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Johns Hopkins University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
HR Business Services Office
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
HR Business Services Office
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...