Assistant Professor of Education
Pittsburg State University
College of Education
Teaching and Leadership Department
POSITION TITLE: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Education
RESPONSIBILITIES: The position includes, but is not limited to, teaching undergraduate Curriculum and Instruction courses, supervision of candidates in field experiences, and other undergraduate and/or graduate courses, as needed by the department; advisement of graduate and/or undergraduate students; engaging in research/creative activity; and serving on university, college, and departmental committees. Courses may be delivered through a variety of methods including online, hybrid, and face-to-face.
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, tenure-track, nine academic months and possible summer appointment. The successful candidate is expected to be officed on campus. This is not a distance, online position.
RANK AND SALARY: The position is tenure-earning at the rank of Assistant Professor. Salary is commensurate to rank, experience, and qualifications. Position is contingent upon funding.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, Education with emphasis in Elementary Education or similarly related degree (official transcript must show completed degree by August 1, 2019).
- Three or more years successful PreK-12 teaching in an accredited school in the United States (US teaching license).
- Ability to integrate educational technology into coursework (courses will be taught online, face-to-face and/or hybrid)
- Ability to work collegially within the department and university
- Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in Education.
- Ability to conduct research in the field.
- College level teaching experience including online teaching, face-to-face, and hybrid.
- Evidence of scholarly and creative achievement
- Experience with Teacher Candidates as a cooperating teacher/mentor
APPLICATION DEADLINE: For first consideration submit application by January 15, 2019 for first consideration. Position is open until filled.
STARTING DATE: August 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For a full description and to apply online visit https://www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/index.html
Electronic submission only.
Interested and qualified applicants should upload letter of application discussing qualifications, current vita, and three references with names and contact information. Applications received by January 15, 2019, will be given first consideration. Position is open until filled.
Pittsburg State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. A criminal background check will be required for employment.
This position is contingent upon funding.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Pittsburg State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com