Faculty - College of Chiropractic
Job Summary: Responsible for classroom teaching, small group teaching, and/or other duties as assigned by the College of Chiropractic of Logan University.
- Deliver appropriate instructional materials for the assigned course(s).
- Employ evaluation instruments for the assessment of student learning and practical skills for the assigned course(s).
- Assess students objectively and provide timely feedback on student performance.
- To teach and/or facilitate learning in the assigned learning environment, which may include lecture, small group, laboratory or clinic internship.
- To serve as a model of professionalism to students, and colleagues, as evidenced by exemplary conduct, dialogue and decorum consistent with Logan University's mission and values.
- To record students' progress through the use of the University's electronic course management and assessment systems.
- To comply with other administrative and reporting directives as assigned.
- To participate with the Assistant Deans in maintaining and advancing curriculum content for the assigned course(s) and the Doctor of Chiropractic program.
- Appropriate first professional degree for respective, field of instruction
- Appropriate first professional degree or technical certificate for clinical classes and clinic supervision
- Missouri license to practice, or eligible for licensure, as appropriate.
- Experience in higher education teaching in the area assigned
- Evidence of a commitment to continuing education and commitment to Logan University's mission and values.
- Three years of teaching or chiropractic practice experience (preferred)
- Participation in professional organizations (preferred)
Consistent with rank and commensurate with education, experience, and qualifications
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristics of a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days and sick days.
To apply, Please to go on our website https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=42471&clientkey=29CA74C0E9F98E28F41CD8D1D44774BC
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Logan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com