Computer Science - Full Time Assistant/Associate Teaching Professor Positions
Syracuse University's Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) invites applications for the multiple positions at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Teaching Professor, or Associate Teaching Professor positions to begin in August 2019. There is also an option to start in January 2019. Rank and salary will be determined by credentials and experience. Teaching responsibilities will include a range of undergraduate and graduate courses in Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
- Developing and/or updating a class syllabus
- Ordering the appropriate books and materials in advance of the class start date
- Preparation of lectures, projects or other student assignments
- Maintaining regularly scheduled office hours
- Presenting instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Meeting all designated class periods.
- Submitting completed progress reports and final grades according to University regulations.
- Grading student assignments and exams in timely manner.
- Student advising and duties related to teaching and duties specified in the contract
For full consideration, candidates must complete an online application and electronically attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and contact information of two professional references through http://www.sujobopps.com, job # 074224. To be competitive, we strongly encourage candidates to apply early. Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled. For additional information, please contact the search committee, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Syracuse University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse work force. Women, military veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Syracuse University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com