Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership
Pittsburg State University
POSITION TITLE: A Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION: Demonstrated expertise in K-12 school leadership (district or building); certification as either a building or district administrator in the United States. The successful applicant must provide evidence of educational leadership as outlined by the ISLLC Standards. Educational requirements: Doctorate in Educational Leadership/Administration required.
Primary teaching responsibility in the Educational Leadership program with emphasis in educational administration and leadership, research and school improvement, supervision, and evaluation of curriculum. Position may include:
- Serve as supervisor of leadership practica and internships;
- Serve as an advisor to graduate students;
- Assist in program development and in student recruitment;
- Engage in scholarly activity, conduct research, and write grants; and,
- Provide service to the university, state, and profession.
Qualifications and experience include:
- Documented experience as P-12 school administrator in the United States;
- Successful teaching experience in higher education preferred;
- Knowledge of current research as it relates to school improvement;
- Ability to bridge practice and research
- Expertise in administrative and instructional technological applications
- Ability to create strong, positive relationships with colleagues, area school administrators, staff, community and students
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, tenure-track, nine academic months.
RANK AND SALARY: This position is tenure-earning at the rank of Assistant Professor. Salary is commensurate with rank, experience, and education. Position is contingent upon funding.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: For first consideration submit application by January 21, 2019. Position is open until filled.
STARTING DATE: August 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For a full description and to apply online visit https://www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/index.html. Electronic submission only. Interested and qualified applicants should upload letter of application discussing qualifications, current vita, and three references with names and contact information. Applications received by January 21, 2019, will be given first consideration. Position is open until filled.
Pittsburg State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. A criminal background check will be required for employment.
This position is contingent upon funding.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Pittsburg State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com