Full-Time Nursing Instructor F-2019
Distinguishing Career Features:
This is a 10-month tenure-track contract position.
ALL FACULTY SHALL:
- Maintain currency with current information, concepts, laws and ideas in their disciplines and with best practices in teaching and learning.
- Check mailbox, voicemail, and e-mail regularly.
- Complete the checkout form before leaving campus at the end of the academic term.
- Maintain student confidentiality as required by regulation and Board Policy 5040 titled Student Records and Directory Information.
ALL FULL-TIME FACULTY SHALL:
- Participate in committee work, student activities, and shared governance activities as appropriate.
- Attend first-year and second-year staff development workshops during the first and second years of employment at Cerritos College.
- Attend department and division meetings.
- Attend commencement ceremonies.
- Assist the Department Chairperson and Instructional Dean in unit planning, budget preparation, and inventory.
- Develop and implement a “Flex Plan” as required by state regulations.
- All full-time faculty who are assigned classes shall: Post and maintain at least three scheduled office hours per week on at least three different days, including the final examination period. Office hours may not be scheduled between 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
ALL FACULTY WHO ARE ASSIGNED CLASSES SHALL:
- Teach all assigned classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy.
- Teach all assigned classes for all scheduled minutes. In cases of necessary absence from class, notify the Instructional Dean or designee, or if unavailable, the Office of Academic Affairs in advance and have plans prepared so that a substitute, if assigned, can maintain continuity of course content.
- Teach courses in accordance with the course outlines of record.
- Provide opportunities for students to be aware of their progress.
- Submit a copy of the syllabus for each class to the Division Office.
- Keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress and submit them to appropriate offices by the published deadlines.
- Submit end-of-session grades, including supporting documentation, and attendance reports by the published deadlines.
- Submit required information about first-day, no-show students by the published deadlines.
- Submit textbook order information by the published deadlines. If the textbook is electronic or includes an electronic course pack, these conditions must be met: 1. Tests and exams must be available to the student without charge. 2. The text and course pack must be available to students with disabilities. 3. The publisher must grant read-only access to designated college staff for purposes of evaluation of course materials. 4. The text must be downloadable or printable.
If these four conditions are not met, the electronic textbook cannot be used.
- Meet all classes during the final examination period.
- Give final examinations at the scheduled time unless approval to do otherwise is granted by the Office of Academic Affairs or its designee.
- Keep all corrected final examination papers for at least one year following the close of the semester or summer term.
- Maintain a safe learning environment in classrooms, laboratories, and other instructional spaces.
- Allow the instructional manager and/or Instructional Dean, upon request, to review any assignments given during the semester.
Master’s degree in nursing and a minimum of two years of registered nursing experience in either direct patient care and/or registered nursing level teaching. Registered nurse patient care and teaching experience must have been within the past five years. Active California Registered Nursing License.
Understanding of and sensitivity to meeting the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of the student, community, and employee population.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Close Date: 2/28/2019
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Salary rate is: $64,818/annual-$99,529/annual
Health and welfare benefits include District contribution for medical/dental/vision benefits and employee life insurance ($50,000). (Cash-in-lieu option available on medical insurance.)
Participation in the State Teachers’ Retirement System.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a tenure-track contract position. Contract will be for 10 school months for the academic year beginning Fall semester 2019.
Participation in a pre-service orientation and/or probationary in-service training is required.
Individual who is offered employment shall be required to obtain fingerprints for a criminal history clearance through the State Department of Justice and remit the required fee for processing the fingerprints, produce an original social security card, and submit negative TB test results (must be within the past four years or within the last 60 days if not previously employed in a school district in California) before employment.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per Government Codes 3100-3109.
Application materials must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants who need special services or facilities due to disability in order to apply or interview for this position must notify Human Resources at the time of application or at least 72 hours prior to the closing date or date of a scheduled interview.
To apply, visit https://cerritos.peopleadmin.com
The District ensures that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Cerritos College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...