199950 - Administrative Services Coordinator
Administrative Services Coordinator
Job Code 199950
International Students and Scholars Office
Full-time, 35 hours/week, 12 months
Clark University’s International Students and Scholars seeks to fill the position of Administrative Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of International Students and Scholars, the successful candidate will provide support to the ISSO Director, Assistant Director and SEVIS Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator will serve as the Designated School Official.
Duties and Responsibilities: Included in a range of responsibilities, the Administrative Services Coordinator will:
- Assist with International Student Orientation.
- Advise international students.
- Update and record SEVIS records using Ellucian BANNER.
- Process purchase orders and check requests using online procurement system.
- Issue monthly newsletters; order and maintain office supplies.
- Serve as a Designated School Official.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- Two or more years of administrative experience in an office setting; required; Bachelor degree, preferred.
- Experience working in Higher Education/International population, preferred.
- Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident to meet Federal regulatory requirement to serve as Designated School Official.
- Experience with managing budgets, required; demonstrated success working effectively in a busy office environment.
- Strong cross cultural communication skills; demonstrated intercultural competency; commitment to student service and ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and university representatives from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information.
- Capacity to read, analyze and interpret complicated immigration laws and regulations.
- Strong customer service experience; proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite products, required; prior experience with Banner Software, preferred.
This is a full-time, 35 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin February 7, 2019. Starting hourly rate will be $15.50-$16.75, commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email résumé and cover letter to .
Applicants must reference Job code 199950 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com