199073 - IRB and Grant Coordinator
IRB and Grant Coordinator
Job Code 199073
Sponsored Programs and Research
Part-time/ 20 - 22.5 hours/ 11- months
Clark University’s Sponsored Programs and Research Department seeks to fill the position of IRB and Grant Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will assist the Director of Sponsored Programs and Research with organizational and clerical duties in support of grants and contract administration, and institutional compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all IRB functions, including but not limited to meetings, correspondence, applications, compliance with local, government, and University policies and procedures, and advise and educate PI’s with questions on proposal submissions.
- Be prepared to learn and train others on the new IRB software cloud-based system.
- Maintain all grant-related files for in-progress, submitted, awarded, active, and declined proposals.
- General administrative support in OSPR:
- Proposal database reporting
- Time and Effort reporting
- Coordinator for research related non-employee affiliation, coordinate with Dean of Research on all NEAs
- Maintain OSPR website
- Coordinate Research Board meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence and faculty development fund files, including proposal submissions and funds disbursement tracking database.
- Board of Trustees Report: reporting on key indicators of grant activity based on data maintained by OSPR (e.g., proposals submitted, active awards) and data reported to OSPR by grants accounting (e.g., grant expenditures, indirect cost recovery)
- Review of grant proposals. This includes initial proposal and budget review for compliance with funder and university guidelines.
- Regular reporting on key indicators of grant activity based on data maintained by OSPR (e.g., proposals submitted, active awards) and data reported to OSPR by grants accounting (e.g., grant expenditures, indirect cost recovery).
- Performing Campus outreach and grant prospecting—to encourage department grant submissions and inform of relevant grant solicitations
- NSF and NIH compliance with Citi Training.
- Supervise the department work study.
- Subaward compliance, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time, 22.5 hours per week, 11-month position. Actual work hours will need to accommodate the monthly meeting of the IRB and Research Board Committees, whose schedule varies each semester. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to .
Applicants must reference Job code 199073 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com