Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is seeking applications for a tenured or tenure track position in the School of Nursing. Functions may include but not limited to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Deans, Program Directors and faculty to significantly expand the School of Nursing’s scholarly productivity and research funding.
- Develop a culture of research and scholarship among the faculty.
- Support the strategic goals of the School of Nursing in alignment with the College of Health (Affairs) Professions and UTRGV.
- Provide a supportive environment that fosters research activity, facilitates achieving sponsored research funding and promotes new research programs.
- Provides mentoring to junior faculty in their research and scholarship efforts
- Identifies opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration with other schools and colleges as well as UTRGV’s clinical partners to advance the University’s research enterprise
- Advise tenure track faculty in the area of scholarship
- Work in collaboration with the Dean, Associate Dean for Operations and Student Affairs and the DNP program director to develop and implement the DNP.
- Develops and manages faculty to become committee chairs and members of doctoral committees
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Involvement in an active research program
- Identification and working with faculty in the School of Nursing as well as others within the College, University and Community to acquire funding from state, federal and private sources.
- Mentoring tenure track faculty to achieve their research and scholarship goals
- Mentoring faculty who are awarded outside funding to successfully meet the specific aims and outcomes proposed in their project
- Supporting ongoing professional development of faculty in the areas of research and scholarship
- Mentoring faculty to be committee chairs and members of student DNP projects
- Being a liaison to the College and University research office
- Adequately representing the School of Nursing on committees or task forces related to research or scholarly projects within the College, University or the Community
- Demonstrating effective communication with faculty, staff and administration within the School, College, UTRGV, and the community at large
- Fostering an environment that respects and embraces diversity among students, faculty and staff.
- Participates actively in professional associations.
- Continues education on a formal/informal basis.
- Attends and participates in local, state, and national professional meeting
UTRGV faculty will be expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to scholarly work, student success and to advancing the university, college, and program missions and are committed to UTRGV’s strategic plan, vision, mission, values and core priorities. (https://www.utrgv.edu/strategic-plan/)
- Holds a Master’s degree in nursing.
- Holds a Doctoral degree in Nursing or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in academic nursing.
- Holds a current license or is eligible for a license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
- Has demonstrated a sustained record in research and scholarship.
Preferred Qualifications: 2 years experience as PI on a federal or private funded grant. Research funding preferred over educational or program development grants. Administrative experience with a center for research or scholarship.
May apply to the following link:
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com