Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Florida Polytechnic University
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2019.
Position code CE1: Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering. Applicants with specialization in cyber-physical security, machine learning, and internet of things are encouraged to apply. Experience in teaching computer architecture, digital design, embedded system, and microcomputer is preferred.
Position code CE2: Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering. Applicants with specialization in machine learning-hardware, accelerated computing, quantum computing, reconfigurable computation, and Internet of things are encouraged to apply. Experience in teaching computer architecture, digital design, embedded system, microcomputer, hardware design, and reconfigurable computation is preferred.
Position code CE3: Applicants with specialization in embedded systems, embedded operating systems, and embedded control applications are encouraged to apply. Experience in teaching computer architecture, microcomputer and digital design is preferred.
Since there is more than one position in computer engineering, the candidates must indicate the position for which they are applying in the cover letter.
The position requires individuals to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses, develop a strong research program, conduct interdisciplinary research activities, mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and provide service to the university and the profession. Faculty at Florida Polytechnic University are encouraged to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research. The department is interested in candidates that are highly collaborative and collegial with a strong commitment to pursuing externally funded research and teaching at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Ph.D. in computer engineering or closely related field with emphasis in the specializations listed above or related field/ areas.
- Credentials by degree and/or experience to support delivery of core courses in the department
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Teaching and/or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent and interdisciplinary funded applied research.
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience with studentsí academic mentoring
- Experience in program assessment and execution of a continuous improvement plan.
- Experience in serving on various department, college or university committees
- Active participation in professional activities and organizations
- Prior professional US experience with progressive responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format to the Florida Polytechnic Careers Website:
- Letter of Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
APPLY HERE: Link to Application
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Florida Polytechnic University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com