South Orange County Community College District
Provide individual and group counseling for students with academic, career, and personal concerns. Conduct student orientation and advisement sessions and help students in developing and achieving individual education plans. Assist students in defining personal and educational plans and goals. Create an environment for students that develops self-direction capabilities. Develop proficiency and maintain competency in the use of computer applications used in counseling and articulation related activities. May instruct Counseling Courses and counseling related workshops. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program, in service programs and professional development. Ongoing academic monitoring, planning and intervention techniques as they pertain to studentsí goals. Perform other duties as contractually required.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Masterís degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling from an accredited college or university; OR
- A Bachelorís degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR
- Valid California Community College Instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
- A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 or 2 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
- Minimum of 2 years full time (or part-time equivalent) recent community college counseling experience.
- Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of community college students.
- Knowledge of articulation agreements, academic policies, requirements, and procedures that impact community college students.
- Experience in matriculation mandates as they pertain to educational planning, follow up intervention probation and disqualification.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
- Teaching experience in community college counseling, including personal, academic issues with a diverse student population.
- Strong counseling, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a collegial setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of state-mandated matriculation policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Experience in the use of computer technology as a teaching tool, a student tracking system, a communication network and with counseling and articulation activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom and to offer curriculum and instruction through diverse delivery and distance education delivery made as appropriate.
- Knowledge of career planning theory, resources and instructional methodology.
Information and Application Process Instructions
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...