Human Services Instructor
South Orange County Community College District
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching Human Services courses in Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Studies or related areas.
- May supervise students in fieldwork settings.
- Student Advisement.
- Assist in program development and fieldwork settings.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Participate in general faculty functions related to educational program and in-service programs.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Masterís degree or higher in human services, psychology, clinical psychology, sociology, social work, social sciences, counseling, or community/public health nursing science from an accredited college or university AND education and training within at least (2) of the following specific areas: human services, substance related disorders, addiction, eating disorders, criminal justice, community/family public health nursing science, and family services, OR
- Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990);
- A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
- Minimum of two years of experience as a professional in Human Services, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, or related discipline.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given those candidates who dmonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
- Masterís Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Nursing, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Sociology, Social Services, or Counseling.
- Teaching experience in Human Services and areas relating to mental health, and alcohol/drug studies.
- Professional experience in mental health, alcohol and drug education, prevention and treatment.
- Experience in Distance Education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...