Accounting Instructor (Full-Time, Tenure Track)
Solano Community College
Solano Community College, a comprehensive community college, has an opening for a full-time, tenure track Accounting Instructor.
The successful candidate will be able to teach all levels of accounting courses, be an active participant in the School of Applied Technology and Business, teach at the main Fairfield campus, the centers in Vacaville and Vallejo, and possibly online.
The ability to use and expand the use of current technologies in the classroom and incorporate active learning strategies will be expected.
Full-time faculty are also expected to attend regular meetings, to participate in committee work, and to spearhead course-level assessment and planning. Assignments may be split between day and evening, including weekend days, as well as between the main campus and the Vacaville and Vallejo Centers.
04/21/2019 - Position closes
04/22/2019 - Candidate Review
05/06/2019 - Candidate Interviews
- Provide instruction in accordance with established program course outlines of record; inform/advise students about program requirements; evaluate and provide timely verbal and written assessments of student performance; prepare and grade assignments and examinations; meet administrative timelines and submit completed reports and required documents; and maintain required student attendance, scholastic records, and other related materials.
- Develop, review, and maintain currency of curriculum for courses the individual teaches in collaboration with other instructors.
- Work in collaboration with other instructors of the School of Social & Behavioral Sciences in coordinating curriculum and mentoring adjunct faculty in these courses.
- Participate in Program Review, participate in curriculum and program development, revision, implementation, and evaluation, and other program related matters such as admissions criteria and process.
- Participate in the development, assessment and evaluation of student learning outcomes (SLO) and Program Level Outcomes (PLO).
- Actively participate in department/school meetings and maintain regular office hours in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and College and School policies; participate in college governance and decision-making.
- Use technology in the academic environment to enhance student learning.
- Participate in college-wide committee work and collegial governance.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in the area of assignment.
- Maintain effective communication with peers, staff, students, and administrators.
- Teaching assignments may include evening and weekend hours, and off-campus instruction in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and College and School policies.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
A Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND Master's in business, business administration, business education, taxation, or finance OR the equivalent.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated above, you must request an equivalency review and submit conclusive supporting documents at the time of application. Equivalency is defined as possessing the general education for the degree and the major coursework for the degree. The equivalency request form is included in the application.
NOTE: All degrees must be from accredited institutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of teaching and multiple teaching methods that include critical thinking and problem-solving strategies and college academic requirements and standards;
- Demonstrate ability to utilize multiple teaching methods/strategies needed to address the diverse learning styles/need of students including integration of interactive technologies to enhance critical thinking, clinical reasoning and problem-solving strategies;
- Possess a commitment to teaching and learning, and provide a supportive learning environment to enhance student success and completion;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to teach students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, including the disabled, who may have wide ranges of abilities;
- Competency with computers and other technological aids, and a willingness to stay current with new technologies, especially ones that could benefit the program;
- Commitment to stay current with scholarship and development in field of expertise;
- Willingness to participate in recruitment and articulation with area schools;
- Possess a willingness to take initiative in co-curricular activities, special events, and School projects;
- Possess a willingness to participate in shared/participatory governance of the Division and the College;
- Demonstrate an ability to self-evaluate and effect change for personal growth and improvement, as well as an ability to accept constructive feedback and effect change appropriately, and participate in professional growth and development activities and lifelong learning.
Information and Application Process Instructions
APPLICATION PROCESS DETAILS:
- To be considered for this position, all complete applications and supporting materials must be received by the application deadline.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. It is, therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed.
- Reference checks for the finalists will be conducted.
- Candidates should not expect official notification until the selection of the candidate has been completed.
- The College may re-advertise or delay filling a position.
- Oral interviews will be conducted to include a teaching demonstration.
- Travel costs related to the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Finalists will be invited to a second interview with the Superintendent/President and members of the administration.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Solano Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
4000 Suisun Valley Road
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...