Associate Dean – Instruction for Math and Science
Dallas County Community College District
Job no: 497830
Work type: Full-time
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000.00 - $95,450.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$39.90 per hour
Responsible for the strategic planning and promote creative ideas that enable the student services division and other organizations to be more productive, efficient and continuously improve student services and retention. Responsible for fiscal/budgetary issues and faculty workload, and the delivery of academic programs and student activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Academic leader with a track record of effective academic and administrative experiences in developing strategies to achieve educational goals/objectives and maintain high standards in academics and teaching processes. A visionary and strategic thinker with demonstrated collaborative and administrative accomplishments. Academically and experientially qualified to accomplish the vision, mission, and goals of a division, and expected program outcomes; demonstrated distinguished record of academic leadership and accomplishments in teaching, scholarship, and service at a college or university level. Complies with local and regional educational regulations and accreditation requirements. Ability to maintain effective communication between students and faculty within a division and/or college, other academic personnel and external community stakeholders. Experience in shared governance with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills, and commitments to cultural diversity and inclusion. Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural and social needs of a diverse student population. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing curricula and programs. Keeps up-to-date on latest trends within the academic community. Strong work ethic and self-starter with ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments. Experience in operational planning, policy development, and outcome/needs assessment. Demonstrated commitment to student success. Must have excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills to be able to interact with a diverse, multi-cultural DCCCD community network. Demonstrated experience and commitment to customer service with continuous focus on improvement.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Master’s degree in related field plus three (3) years of experience in higher education with three (3) years of teaching experience. Unofficial transcripts are required at the time of applying. Official transcripts are are required at the time of interview. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Preferred Skills/Additional requirements
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree with emphasis on Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, or equivalent.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses. Community college teaching experience a plus.
- Experience developing distance learning courses and training curriculum for both credit and non-credit programs.
- Experience developing and evaluating course design using formal course quality design rubrics, such as Quality Matters, the Online SUNY Course Quality Rubric, Universal Design for Learning, and accessible course design.
- Experience creating educational and training videos.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, assignments, and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service skills to college personnel as well as enthusiasm and empathy for those who struggle to acquire technological learning/teaching competencies.
- Experience consulting, collaborating, and communicating clearly with internal stakeholders such as college faculty, division deans, and support staff as well as with external stakeholders in development of curriculum and instruction.
- Experience in the marketing and promotion of distance learning courses and programs.
- Evidence of current activity in the field through professional development, and sharing of innovative online learning ideas, practices, and perspectives with faculty and staff.
- Supervision experience.
To Apply Visit:http://opportunities.dcccd.edu/cw/en-us/listing/
The seven independently accredited colleges of the Dallas County Community College District are part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Dallas County Community College District complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act. If you require special accommodations in order to apply for a position, please contact Cynthia Brown, District Human Resources Office, at 214-378-1501.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com