Director of Curriculum Design & Assessment
Requisition Number: STFR005160
Division/College: Bouve College of Health Sciences
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
As a member of the Enrollment Management & Student Services Office in the Bouve College of Health Sciences, the Director of Curriculum Design & Assessment will report and be responsible for assisting the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (or the Associate Deans of Undergraduate and Graduate Education) with improving the quality of education delivered by the college; assessing the curriculum's overall effectiveness in fulfilling learning competencies, assessment and evaluation plans; assisting or overseeing accreditation standards and reporting requirement; and managing the development and/or revisions of all curricular programs and extra-curricular experiential learning programs.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Curriculum Design & Assessment is to implement an effective curriculum plan critical to deliver high-quality education. This will be achieved by a series of activities, including: 1) overseeing every aspect in the development and modification of curriculum offered to undergraduate and graduate students in the college; 2) working with faculty to ensure that learning competences (knowledge, skills and dispositions) are effectively delivered through curricular and extra-curricular didactic and experiential activities; 3) working with faculty in the development, implementation and evaluation of academic program's assessments in accordance with discipline- and university-specific accreditation standards; and 4) managing accreditation standards within discipline-specific accrediting bodies if appropriate, as well as other accrediting bodies such as the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
It is expected that the Director of Curriculum Design & Assessment will: collaborate with faculty and staff in the academic units across Bouve College to develop and advance innovation in the curriculum; demonstrate ability to work autonomously and efficiently to meet Northeastern University's innovation and entrepreneurship aspirations and deliverables; meet regularly with the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs (or the Associate Deans of Undergraduate and Graduate Education) to review and refine the goals of this position in accordance with Bouve College goals; work in partnership with the Assistant Director of Academic Operations and Administrative Assistants on curriculum governance activities; serve as a liaison and representative for the Enrollment Management & Student Services Office on curriculum meetings; and ensure smooth, efficient and timely fulfillment of duties and responsibilities falling within the purview of this position.
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D. or Ph.D), curriculum and/or educational administration experience (or related field) with 5 or more years of experience is required. Mature, experienced professional, capable of independently leading the administrative and management support activities of the Enrollment Management & Student Services Office in an effective and timely manner. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Curriculum and education innovation and entrepreneurship
- Curriculum and education administration
- Curriculum development
- Formative curriculum assessment methods
- Learning theory
- Instructional technology
- Verbal and written communication
- Team environment
- Troubleshooting and solving complex program issues
- Customer service principles
- Diverse populations and cultures
- Ability to collaborate with faculty in the units to develop and advance innovation in the curriculum.
- Persuasive ability to utilize best practices and data to inform the development and revision of the curriculum in partnership with faculty.
- Ability to employ formative and summative assessment techniques to better gauge if and how students are comprehending course material.
- Ability to partner with students to deploy creative formative and summative assessment methods and tools.
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize the tasks, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- High degree of self-motivation and self-direction to lead and follow through with projects.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written with editing experience.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with curriculum management.
- Experience with accreditation data gathering, management and reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary customer service orientation.
- Proficiency with computer software (Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe, Word Press, etc.).
Initiative and willingness to learn new approaches and develop novel departmental systems and processes.
- Ability to use office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax and multi-line phones.
- Ability to relate well with at all professional levels and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to provide and respond well to constructive feedback.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is on an exciting trajectory of growth and innovation. Northeastern is a Carnegie Research I University located on the Avenue of the Arts in Boston Historic Back Bay, just a few blocks from the Longwood Medical and Academic Area. The University is a leader in inter- disciplinary research, urban engagement, experiential learning, and the integration of classroom learning with real-world experience. Northeastern University is home to 20,000 students and to the nation’s premier cooperative education program. The past decade has witnessed a dramatic increase in Northeastern’s international reputation for research and innovative educational programs. A heightened focus on interdisciplinary research and scholarship is driving a faculty hiring initiative at Northeastern, advancing its position amongst the nation’s top research universities. Northeastern University has an enrollment of more than 17,000 undergraduate and 7,000 graduate students and approximately 4,300 faculty and staff. Northeastern is recognized as a leader in experiential learning – the integration of classroom learning with real-world experience.
Northeastern has identified health as one of three major University-wide interdisciplinary strategic initiatives, and the University is making a major investment in interdisciplinary health research, making faculty hires in the last few years in personal health informatics, data science and visualization (with a health data emphasis), health systems, health policy, urban health, population health, and health administration.
The Bouvé College of Health Sciences has over 200 faculty members, with approximately 2,000 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students. It is the leading national model for education and research in the health, psychosocial and biomedical sciences and supports the University’s mission of educating students for a life of fulfillment and accomplishment and creating and translating knowledge to meet global and societal needs. The College is strongly committed to fostering excellence through diversity and enthusiastically welcomes nominations and applications from members of groups that have been, and continue to be, underrepresented in academia.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northeastern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency