P-TECH Nursing Tutor
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of the position’s responsibilities:
- Provides academic advising of undergraduate students in the PTECH nursing pathway for completion in the BCCC nursing program.
- In collaboration with UMSON, develop a mentor-mentee orientation process, roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Provides academic advising regarding all relevant curriculum areas- course requirements and selection, policies and procedures, scholastic standards, new freshman and transfer issues, as appropriate for students enrolled in the PTECH nursing pathway.
- Facilitates PTECH nursing students’ academic progress by assessing their needs and developing appropriate educational plans.
- Maintains student academic files to demonstrate academic progression metrics. The tracking activities include documentation of each PTECH student advising meeting sessions; electronic monitoring; enrollment, progression and graduation metrics and utilization of Gap analysis.
- Assists in the development and preparation of advising/educational materials in collaboration with the BCCC Nursing faculty and the Marketing Department. The educational materials may include training manuals, brochures, handouts, general information summaries, and newsletters.
- Collaborates with BCCC Nursing faculty, the Admissions and Student Affairs Division and Marketing department to conduct information sessions and distribute educational/multimedia marketing materials regarding the PTECH nursing pathway to potential, current students and other interested parties.
- Maintains, collects and disseminates information to students, faculty, and departments regarding advising strategies for academic strategies and academic support services.
- Participates in professional development activities, professional conferences, BCCC departmental meetings, and advisory meetings.
- Collaborates with BCCC Associate Dean, BCCC Nursing to development faculty mentoring program; identify BCCC nursing faculty mentors to participate in this program.
- Collaborates with UMSON in completing required grant reports.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling or related field
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in academic advising or counseling.
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education;
- Experience with Canvass or other LMS;
- Experience in outcomes assessment;
- Experience designing marketing and education materials
- Experience in public speaking in an institution to students directly and in groups
- Experience in advising students pursuing health professions careers
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...