CNA, Advanced Patient Care Skills Adjunct Pool
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
One Assignment Location - Carrol County (Spring 2018)
- Providing hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment in the following courses:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Advanced Patient Care Skills
- Medicine Aide
- Providing instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and appropriately adapting and delivering material to participants with multiple experience levels.
- Evaluating students’ progress and providing appropriate feedback.
- Preparing, maintaining and submitting accurate attendance records, reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional policy.
- Using appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Utilizing a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines
- Making recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
- Interfacing regularly with project team and other instructors and attending required meetings.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
- Working assigned schedule, exhibiting regular and predictable attendance.
- Performing related duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Must be licensed as an RN in good standing in Maryland
- Must have on year of long term or critical care experience within the last five years
- Minimal 2 years’ experience in teaching adults in a structural environment
- Must have knowledge and experience in applying adult learning principles
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Basic communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to work with people at different levels.
- Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems; projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology.
- Ability to use work processing, e-mail, internet, and/or web-based applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, adjunct and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the content materials both theory and principle
- Ability to identify, critically thing, and problem solve during emergent and daily interactions with student, colleagues, and client’s staff at off site locations.
- Personal transportation is required.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com