IT Instructor (Cyber Security Instructor)
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
- Lectures class on hardware, installation, programming, maintenance, networking, routing, troubleshooting and repair of computers and other IT equipment, following outlines, handouts, hands on experience, internships, job shadowing and using visual aids Administers written and practical drills, exams and writes conference reports
- Collaborates with curriculum developer and subject matter expert to determine teaching style and understanding of curriculum Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrates information into training programs
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers
- Maintains students' grades and attendance and reports to training coordinator and tutor student performance Evaluates students and report academic concerns when warranted by classroom performance
- Manages all classroom issues and communicate with training coordinator any non-manageable classroom issues Collects, maintains, and analyzes student documents and lab experiences
- Stays current with required industry certifications and provides current copies of certifications as requested. Other duties as assigned
Industry Certification related to CompTia, or Cisco
3 years experience in training in the IT field or classroom
Organizational and planning skills, including lab-based instructions
Comprehensive knowledge of the content materials both theory, principal and certification requirements
Demonstrate the capabilities of setting priorities and moving several tasks forward simultaneously
Must have knowledge and experience in applying adult learning principals
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...