Administrative Assistant, Chiropractic Department
Under the direction of the Department Chair this person:
- Assists Director with all public inquiries regarding admissions to Chiropractic Department and prepares all admission files for faculty review;
- Is the primary contact and liaison to International Student Coordinator and UG and Grad Admissions for enrollment management
- Serves as department level coordinator of all outcomes assessment activity required for CCE Accreditation standards and completion of annual reports.
- Monitors all Chiropractic publications ( paper and Web) for consistency and prepares updates as needed
- Prepares all course scheduling as well as monitor and update workload spreadsheet and prepares the data for faculty and adjunct faculty contracts each semester.
- Monitors all students academic standing each semester by reviewing all grades and develops the calculation of GPAs. Based on academic standards students that fall below are identified to the Student Progress Committee
- Handles special projects as designated by the Chair
Examples of Work (illustrative only)
- Review all new applications for admissions criteria including prerequisites and complete the evaluation sheet with developing the cumulative GPA as well as prereq. GPA
- Send emails to all applicants regarding their current status and need to complete prerequisites
- Send department decisions to graduate admissions. Establish student files to manage communications
- Primary contact for applicants with questions regarding their coursework, etc.
- Work closely with Graduate Admission office to monitor the admissions reports for number of students who are accepted and deposited in order to meet the target enrollment.
- Ensure that all accepted applicants have complete transcripts with all prerequisites.
- Ensure proper paperwork for undergraduate to graduate students is completed timely and submitted to graduate admissions office.
- Complete updates to the Chiropractic Department student manual as needed in preparation for new student orientation each Fall and Spring.
- Develops course schedules for the Chiropractic Department.
- Submits updates to Registrar
- Prepare student files for academic advisement and registration each semester
- monitor grades and academic standing requirements identifying to the Student Progress Committee any letters needed
- Establish and maintain clearance for graduation documents also used for academic advisement
- Complete the document request forms for students applying to Canadian Alliance.
- Monitor and track new student/graduating student for GPA/academic standing/pass rates for NBCE reports
- Design/create surveys as directed
- Collect survey data from current students and create analysis reports for faculty review and interpretation
- Maintain electronic archive of all Chiropractic policy documents and accreditation data
- Complete annual NBCE reports
- Input all data collected into MS excel/WORD and create table and graphic reports for faculty review and interpretation leading to continuous and ongoing program quality improvement.
- College Catalogs: Graduate and Undergraduate, Fact Sheets, Graduate Brochure
- Design/create edit publications as directed
- Chirpractic Student Manual – updates prior to the Fall and Summer orientation for distribution to new cohorts
- Clinical Intern Manual – (consult with the clinical education team)
- Web Pages – follow updates with catalogs
- Fact Sheets – Graduate and Undergraduate – updates requested from Admissions prior to reorders
Updates submitted as needed for annual publications
NOTE: For all publications initiate/create draft language for chairperson to review and edit as per any policy/curricular changes executed during previous year.
Other Administrative Support of the Director
- Monitor and update overall Database Management Systems for Clinical Education and Student Enrollment to meet all accreditation standards and other internal and external reporting
- Maintain confidential material including current student, alumni and faculty files
- Process and record adjunct faculty applications and credit distribution
- Prepare and manage Chiropractic student probation/dismissal process
- Schedule appointments, rooms, and services for special events
- Assists in preparing research grant proposals and media publications for Chiropractic faculty
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Excellent skills with MS OFFICE: Access, Excel and Word programs
- Web based instruction and communication
- Basic survey design and implementation strategies
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure and meet deadlines independently
- Operate office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, etc.)
- Maintain professional appearance
- Responsible and able to problem solve
- Effective interpersonal skills
Acceptable Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years experience in a business or educational setting requiring project planning and management involving database management.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter specifying the position title along with your resume and contact information for three professional references to:
Administrative Assistant, Chiropractic Department
320 Porter Ave, KAB 316
Buffalo, NY 14201
Or, use the APPLY NOW link to transmit your application materials (PDF format preferred) by email. If clicking the APPLY NOW link does not open your default email program, you will need to manually address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to note the job title in the email subject line.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com