Director of New Student and Family Programs
University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking applicants for the position of Director of New Student and Family Programs. This inaugural position provides institutional leadership, vision, and management for a comprehensive department designed to ensure meaningful transitions into the University for new, transfer, and returning students through new student and family orientation, online orientation, Weeks of Welcome, a co-curricular first year experience, and Family Programs.
The Director serves as an integral member of UIC Student Affairs, reports to the Executive Director of Student Development Services, and is part of the leadership team for the Student Engagement area lead by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Engagement.
The Director leads efforts to develop programs and services that support the success and graduation of students in an urban learning environment.
The Director collaborates with key campus partners inside Student Affairs, as well as academic units and Colleges, to welcome and support students in their transition to UIC.
The position is full time and available April 16, 2019.
Applicants must possess the following job knowledge, skills, education, and experiences:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in college student development, higher education or a related field.
- A minimum of five years supervisory, administrative, and programming experiences in a Student Affairs department, preferably in Orientation, New Student Programs, Admissions, or Family Programs. Strong fiscal competency.
- Experience with conflict resolution, crisis management, working with student groups, program development, financial management, and teaching educational workshops and college courses.
- Effective communication and consulting skills and the ability to collaborate with campus leadership.
- Strong interest in serving a diverse student population effectively including advocacy efforts and educational outreach activities.
For fullest consideration, please submit an online application that includes an uploaded cover letter and resume as well as the names and contact information of three references by March 4, 2019, via the university online application system, through the following link:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.
The University of Illinois at Chicago may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Illinois at Chicago and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com