Director of Internships, Love School of Business
- Support LSB student efforts to secure internships, guiding studentsí internship search, helping them to locate opportunities, selecting appropriate industries and locations
- Coordinate and administer all aspects of the for-credit internship program, including all administrative and academic management of the course in the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Counsel and advise students in career planning and career-related decisions
- Travel to internship locations and conduct site visits with internship employers -Conduct internship orientations throughout the year, as well as well as additional presentations that are relevant to the internship program within the Love School of Business
- Facilitate student learning by assisting students to secure appropriate internships to enhance overall academic experience and learn skills essential to conduct a successful job search.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administration to create policy and procedures for ensuring the academic quality and integrity of internships
- Recruit and train up to 12 faculty each spring on teaching the internship course, and then act as the lead instructor for 10+ sections of the course each summer, supporting those 12 faculty and over 300 students completing a summer internship for credit
- Supervise the academic component of the internship, including evaluating academic work related to the internship and assessing student performance on that work
- Supervise Porter Center student ambassadors
- Maintain relationships with key employers and industry contacts
- Track and assess internship sites, assuring that all students are completing high quality internship experiences
- Shepard international dual-degree students in securing an internship and then oversee their 16 credit internship course during the school year
- Manage database of internships, assessments and employer evaluations and submit an end-of-year report to the Dean
- Work as part of a team with Elon Student Professional Development Center, other internship directors across campus, and LSB administration and faculty
- Assess third party study abroad providers to determine viability of internships for credit while abroad
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Undergraduate Programs and/or the Dean
The Director of Internships position requires an energetic and entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. The successful applicant should possess comprehensive experience in a collegiate environment working with undergraduate students as well as the ability to effectively interact with the LSB Dean, registrar, faculty, staff, students, parents, and administrators. Additionally, the Director of Internships should have high-level experience within experiential education and career advising, the ability to work with all majors and class years, strong presentation skills and an understanding of the commitment to the college mission and student population of Elon University. Additional skills/requirements include:
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience in the use of relevant technologies, particularly with respect to assessments and career development (Symplicity experience a plus)
- Strong writing and public speaking skills suitable for a corporate audience are essential.
- Proficiency with MS Office and database management experience
- High level of organizational ability, including the ability to organize and coordinate a diverse workload with attention to detail and ability set and meet deadlines
- A motivated/enthusiastic work style, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Attitude - hardworking, positive, diplomatic, culturally aware, creative, able to work well in a team and under pressure, adaptable, with strong initiative and a willingness to learn
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with students and employers, both one-on-one and in group settings
Information and Application Process Instructions
Applications received by March 15, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
Complete applications will include a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references.
The applications and supporting documents should be uploaded via the Elon Human Resources webpage, https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/search
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Elon University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...