Associate Dean, Creighton University College of Nursing - Phoenix Campus
Key Responsibilities include:
- Direct onsite activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, services and program evaluation in accordance with policies and procedures of Creighton College of Nursing.
- Oversee local student services, student on-boarding, secure clinical placements and/or other learning experiences, housing and recruitment as appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively with the alliance partners and facilitate implementation of the program with them.
Supervise on-site faculty and staff and coordinate instructional logistics/services and policies.
- In cooperation with the Associate Dean for Academics, Assessment, and Accreditation, follow appropriate evaluation and assessment policies of the College of Nursing related to faculty and students, including overseeing compilation of data required by accreditation, governmental and regulatory bodies.
- Assist with the faculty search process including, but not limited to, planning for full-part-time and special faculty hiring needs, collaborating with HR in the search for potential faculty applicants, constituting and orienting search committee members, conducting interviews, and making recommendations to the Dean regarding potential hires.
- Collaborate with the program chair in performance evaluations of faculty members.
- Communicate effectively with the Dean and participate in activities related to governance of Creighton College of Nursing.
- Provide data and recommendations regarding budgetary needs and administer and monitor budget allocated to the Phoenix campus.
- In cooperation with the Assistant Dean for Students Affairs, ensure students meet appropriate clinical agency onboarding requirements
- Maintain a program of research and scholarly activity consistent with College of Nursing standards for rank.
- Participate individually or collaboratively in authoring grant proposals, scholarly presentations, and publications.
- Engage in local, state, national and international professional service activities.
- Engage in additional responsibilities and committee service as requested by the Dean.
Qualifications required include:
- Earned doctorate in nursing or another related field; MSN required.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Creighton University, College of Nursing.
- Active and current unencumbered license to practice nursing in AZ, NE or other compact state.
- Successful undergraduate and/or graduate teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree program.
- Administrative or leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral inter-professional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with remote and on-site colleagues.
- Record of scholarship or educational innovation.
Creighton University is an AA/EEO/ADA Employer: M/F Disabled/Vets
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply at the Creighton University Human Resources site: http://www.creighton.edu/hr/careers/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Creighton University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com