Clinical Associate Professor/Clinical Professor- Director School of Nursing
University of Tulsa
The School of Nursing at The University of Tulsa seeks applications for a Director of the School of Nursing within the Oxley College of Health Sciences.
Oxley College of Health Sciences seeks creative, collaborative and committed candidates who thrive in a highly adaptable, flexible environment with strong support from top leadership.
This is a twelve-month clinical (non-tenure track) faculty position with an administrative assignment.
The director shall be an experienced nurse educator who has demonstrated administrative and leadership experience in nursing education.
The School of Nursing currently includes Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN-BSN, and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs.
The director will provide leadership in administering all aspects of the School – its programs, accreditation, future directions, personnel, budget, community involvement, and fundraising. Candidates must demonstrate a record of successful teaching in nursing education, academic administrative, leadership experience, scholarship, organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, stakeholders, and others in the community.
The director reports to the dean of the Oxley College of Health Sciences.
- Provides leadership to the School of Nursing.
- Collaborates with faculty and stakeholders to set the vision and direction of the school.
- Coordinates recruiting of prospective students for programs within the academic unit.
- Coordinates advising and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Coordinates hiring of resident faculty, non-resident faculty and direct report staff including verification of qualifications.
- Oversees and takes ownership of the academic unit budget including reallocation decisions; seeks faculty input to ensure that supplies and equipment are available and current for operation of the nursing programs.
- Oversees annual program assessment, program review, continuous improvement processes as defined for the academic unit and the timely submission of each prior to the due date.
- Oversees accreditation processes for programs within the academic unit, including data collection and submission of required documents.
- Oversees evaluation processes of faculty and staff including annual reviews, contract renewals, tenure-track reviews, post-tenure reviews and other reviews as dictated by the university.
- Teaches an appropriate number of credit hours each semester in the BSN or DNP program consistent with the teaching load of other college chairs/directors as negotiated with the Dean.
- Collaborates with the director of development on fundraising opportunities.
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with leadership from other academic units in the college and the university, colleagues in professional nursing outside the University, and individuals in the community.
- Assumes responsibility for necessary for state board approval and national accreditation of all school of nursing programs.
- Oversees student issues in collaboration with associate directors, Associate Dean, Dean, and Dean of the Graduate School.
- Carries out other college assignments at the request of the dean.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristics including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Interested candidates should submit an application package that contains (1) a letter of interest, (2) curriculum vita, (3) copies of transcripts, and (4) names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Application materials and inquiries should be sent electronically to Eric Wickel, search committee chair, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Eric Wickel, The University of Tulsa, 800 S. Tucker Ave., OHSF 519, Tulsa, OK 74104
The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/ Veteran.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Tulsa and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com