Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Admissions for Access and Inclusion
The Graduate School of Management (GSOM) at Clark University, AACSB-accredited since 1986, invites applications for full-time visiting assistant professor positions for the 2019-2020 academic year to begin in August 2019. The appointment requires a Ph.D. in a related field from an AACSB-International accredited or equivalent institution. Candidates must demonstrate evidence of potential for teaching excellence in marketing.
Qualified applicants will have an earned Ph.D. degree in marketing, although A.B.D's are encouraged to apply. Industry experience is a plus but not required.
The GSOM offers an undergraduate management major and a marketing minor, as well as MBA, MSM, MSA, MSF, and MSBA degrees. Applicants must have experience teaching at the college level and demonstrate skills consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation. Candidates who can teach in multiple programs (both undergraduate and graduate, MBA, MSM and MSBA) are preferred.
Clark University is a private, co-educational research-intensive university with approximately 2,200 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. Since its founding in 1887 as the first all-graduate school in the United States, Clark has been a recognized leader in innovative research and interdisciplinary academic programs. GSOM is a dedicated community of teacher-scholars that values disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and teaching that is of high quality and relevant to practice.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years professional experience with Admissions, Student Life or other related experience.
• Willingness to travel and possess a valid Driver’s License.
• Strong public speaking skills; excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
• Strong ability to build and maintain professional relationships with multiple constituencies both on and off campus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products; willingness and desire to learn new skills to enhance team performance.
• Time management skills and team-oriented attitude.
• Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituent groups; ability to build and maintain professional relationships with multiple constituencies both on and off campus.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Applicants must reference Job code 199850 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com