Head Men's Basketball Coach
Job Code 199738
Full-time, 40 hours/week, 12-month position
Clark University’s Athletic Department seeks to fill the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Reporting to the Director of Athletics and Recreation, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Men’s Basketball program, including but not limited to: Recruiting, eligibility, game and practice plans, budget preparation and monitoring, scheduling, supervising and monitoring assistant coaches, public relations and promotion of the sport and department.
In addition, the Men’s Basketball Coach will be responsible for fundraising, supervision of student athletes and staff during practices, contests and trips, represent Clark University in a positive manner, work collaboratively and collegially with fellow staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully at the NCAA Division III level and who are capable of succeeding academically.
• Develop season practice and game plans.
• Utilize appropriate safety precautions during practice, games and team travel.
• Discipline student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
• Work with administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
• Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
• Organize and administer the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, NEWMAC, and Clark University policies and procedures; Organize recruiting materials and identify potential prospects; Develop recruiting strategy and maintain contact with recruits.
• Develop a conditioning program along with practices.
• Meet with players during the season and conduct post season interviews.
• Maintain accurate record keeping and transparency within the program.
• Knowledge NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
• Others duties as assigned (including secondary responsibility).
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
• 3-5 years of coaching experience, required.
• Knowledge and passion for the sport of basketball.
• Possess valid driver’s license.
• CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and communicate with student athletes.
• Commitment and dedication to academic success.
• Strong organizational and developmental skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse population; prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
• Ability to conduct practices and manage game strategy.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12-month position.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> . Applicants must reference Job code 199738 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com