Dean, Faculty of Science
The Dean is the senior academic leader and manager for the Faculty of Science. Reporting to the Provost and Vice-President Academic and Students, the Dean provides strategic leadership for a mix of career, university transfer, post-degree credentials and baccalaureate programs in the Faculty and promotes and supports activities that advance teaching and learning, as well as emerging scholarship and applied research activities within the area.
The Dean leads the faculty, staff and students in articulating a shared vision, mission and goals for the Faculty. Working with Langaraís various academic units as well as its numerous support areas that are important to the effective functioning of the College, the Dean helps to foster a collaborative environment across the campus community.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Doctoral degree preferred; minimum of a Masterís degree in addition to considerable experience in a senior administrative capacity in post-secondary education or another relevant sector. Previous teaching experience is essential. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Appreciation for the complexity of post-secondary education;
- Experience in strategic planning;
- Experience in the development and implementation of operational plans;
- Proven track record of curriculum development, including applied baccalaureate degrees and post-degree credentials;
- Understanding of the principles and practices of program review and renewal;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic enrollment management;
- Demonstrated interest in management of and/or participation in scholarship and applied research;
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with budgetary processes, including the development and administration of budgets;
- Working knowledge of and experience with the administration of collective agreements;
- Experience in international education and in alternative modes of teaching and learning.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed here:
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Langara College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers-Canada.com or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.UniversityJobsCanada.com