Psychology Faculty - Tenure-track
Harford Community College
The College is seeking an innovative and compassionate individual committed to continuous improvement and the use of current and emerging instructional technologies to support students in achieving their goals.
This is a 10-month, tenure-track faculty position scheduled to begin August 2019. The faculty member will teach a variety of courses in psychology, and serve as a lead for adjunct faculty, participate in course development and outcomes assessments, serve on College committees, and actively participate in College life.
A master's degree in psychology with a background in educational and/or clinical-counseling or a related subject for psychology professionals and a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent adjunct college teaching experience are required.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including, but not limited to:
- Ability to teach psychology courses using various methods and technologies based on evidence-based pedagogies, as well as the ability to create materials based on the principles of universal design and/or ADA best practices.
- Experience developing instructional materials for online and face-to-face courses as well as experience with or understanding of experiential learning.
- Experience or ability in assessing student learning and reporting results for institutional accountability.
- Engagement in and proficiency with current psychological research and findings in relation to the field and science of learning.
- Demonstrated competency with and ability to utilize current technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges and of their students.
- Experience with college service.
- Effective communication skills and the quality of the application, resume and cover letter.
- Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For best consideration apply online at www.harford.edu/careers by March 11, 2019.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com