Biology Faculty - Tenure-track
Harford Community College
The College is seeking an innovative and compassionate individual committed to continuous improvement and the use of current and emerging instructional technologies to support students in achieving their goals.
This is a 10-month, tenure-track faculty position scheduled to begin August 2019. The faculty member will teach a variety of biology courses, including lab courses, and serve as a lead for adjunct faculty, participate in course development and outcomes assessments, serve on College committees, and actively participate in College life.
A master's degree in biology or a closely-related discipline and a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent adjunct college teaching experience, preferably at a community college, are required. A PhD is preferred. Applicants must have 18 graduate credit hours in biology.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including, but not limited to:
- Experience teaching microbiology with lab courses.
- Ability to teach introductory cellular biology to majors and non-majors.
- Ability to implement student-centered, evidence-based pedagogies, including the use of technology to facilitate learning.
- Ability to create materials based on the principles of universal design and/or ADA best practices.
- Experience or ability in assessing student learning and reporting results for institutional accountability.
- Demonstrated competency with and ability to utilize current technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges and of their students.
- Physical requirements include the ability to conduct laboratory exercises and assist students with laboratory skills.
- Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For best consideration apply online at www.harford.edu/careers by March 10, 2019.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com