Part-Time Theatre Arts Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 2/26/2019
West Valley College is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres in Silicon Valley. The Counseling Department is now accepting applications for a full time, tenure-track counselor with an Articulation emphasis. This position's primary focus is articulation 75% and a 25% general counseling assignment. This counselor will work in collaboration with student services programs, instructional programs, and campus-wide committees in the implementation, coordination, and overall operation of all aspects of counseling related functions for the college. The counseling responsibilities of this position include teaching and providing academic, career, and personal counseling.
This position includes a permanent assignment to serve as the Articulation Officer, leading all articulation related work for the college. The (Counselor) Articulation Officer position will initiate, develop, maintain and disseminate written, approved general education/breadth, major preparation, course-by-course, and transferable course articulation agreements with the California State University, University of California, California Independent Colleges and Universities and select out-of-state colleges and universities; develop and maintain a computerized articulation system; work closely with counselors and other faculty to review articulation issues and assist in resolving problems; work with appropriate faculty, department Chairs, Deans, Academic Senate and other appropriate committees on the campus to facilitate the development of articulation agreements Regular/contract counselors participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the visions, missions and values of the college and District. This position may include a combination of day and evening assignments, and is being offered by a college strongly committed to the “open door” concept serving a diverse student population. Counselors will be expected to perform other duties consistent with their faculty job description as stated in the faculty contract.
In addition to articulation, this counselor is also expected to participate in the professional and academic work of the college. Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a linguistically and culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, 11 month tenure track position that begins in August 2019. The assignment consists of counseling and teaching. Some evening and weekend work is required. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
• $64,631 to $100,582 annually; placement is based upon verified academic achievement, teaching and related experience (Academic Salary Schedule, Steps 1-9).
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
• Employer paid long term disability for employee.
• Employer-provided life insurance.
• Sabbatical, Rejuvenation and Retraining Leaves.
• Banked leave provisions.
• Professional Growth and Development activities.
• 11 days sick leave accrued annually; personal necessity and catastrophic leave.
• Conference leaves.
• Opportunity for overload assignments.
• Cal STRS Retirement.
• Position is union affiliated.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Counseling duties and responsibilities may consist of one or more of the following:
• Counsel and advise students, on both an appointment and a drop-in basis.
• Perform specialized work duties as necessary during registration periods.
• Provide formal in-service training.
• Participate in program/service development activities.
• Coordinate efforts of counseling faculty to complete Program Review and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
• Perform other duties as required for the department and/or college.
• Counselors may also be assigned to teach one or more counseling courses during a semester.
• Counselors have the option of teaching outside their primary area on an overload basis.
• Assume institutional responsibilities, essential to the ongoing operation and effective achievement of department, division, college and district programs.
1. Education – Possess one of the following:
• Master’s in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy or marriage, family and child counseling; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT ); OR
• A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Counseling; OR
• The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/1392779
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.