Asst Professor/Clinical Coordinator Paramedicine
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Provide leadership in ensuring clinical contracts are developed, updated and maintained for each healthcare institution and that program clinical standards are followed.
- Provide leadership in the development and evaluation of assessment testing and placement in your program, if required.
- Provide leadership to develop and/or deliver lecture content on a variety of Paramedicine topics. Revise clinical curricula to reflect the hospital industry's expectations for entry level practitioners.
- Develop, and when necessary, revise existing clinical performance expectations to reflect currency in the Paramedicine accreditation standards.
- Provide lab and/or clinical instruction for Paramedicine; leadership in preparing program course schedules for fall, spring, and summer sessions, online and other delivery formats.
- With the program faculty, procure clinical placement for students, and evaluate the effectiveness of the same to ensure successful student outcomes.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate inventory of EMS supplies for laboratory instruction.
- Responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Paramedicine Program.
- Plan and implement retention strategies to increase enrollment in the Paramedicine program.
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean teaching assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty for their program; and, assist Associate Dean with the recruitment, hiring, training, and mentoring of full-time and adjunct faculty within your program.
- Participate in required faculty and department meetings, as well as meetings of college committees and Advisory Board of the program.
- Perform other additional duties as agreed by the Associate Dean.
- Based on Master Syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session.
- Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework.
- Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course.
- Remediate student’s lack of prerequisite knowledge.
- Offer content help through various means Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus;
- Place the syllabus, readings and homework on Canvass.
- Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials.
- Set up online courses when relevant.
- Create new digital instruction materials.
- Exhibit a spirit of inquiry about teaching and learning, student development, and evaluation methods.
- Use evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching.
- Develop an area of expertise in the academic arena.
- Share teaching expertise with colleagues and others.
- Demonstrate integrity as a scholar.
- Provide required office hours.
- Effectively communicate with students via e-mail, phone or online discussion boards.
- Provide academic advice and guidance to students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Paramedicine or related field
- 3 consecutive years of experience as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic or higher
- Maintains a Maryland EMS certification or license as an Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic or higher; and
- Has current knowledge of the Maryland Medical Protocols for Emergency Medical Services Providers.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...