Administrative Assistant II
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Collegeís campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
An Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Administrative Coordinator of Administration and Finance
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts, and screens mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Operates office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and calculator.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Types and transcribes routine correspondence take meeting minutes, and reports from dictation or handwritten copy using a personal computer.
- Performs data entry operations.
- Assists with maintaining the calendar, scheduling appointments, and meeting rooms.
- Assists with making routine travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Files in alphanumeric order and locates material from files.
- Assists with special events planning.
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records other sources of information. Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and /or format data and/or reports.
- Knows the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the College/division.
- Sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
- Masterís degree or licensure and certified credentials in construction and manufacturing.
- Five years or more experience in construction and manufacturing.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...