Director of Enterprise Application Services
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
The Director, Enterprise Application Services reports directly to the Interim Deputy CIO. The Director is responsible for strategic oversight of the development, integration, maintenance, support and customization of all critical business applications supporting the administrative and academic operations across the institution’s enterprise. The Interim Director collaborates with colleagues in ITS and other key stakeholders to establish goals and define Enterprise Applications strategic and operational initiatives and objectives.
The Director provides formal supervision and coaching for the Enterprise Application Services team and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of policies, standards and procedures.
The Director is expected to demonstrate a high-level of leadership and management expertise to improve operational performance and establish strategic direction as well as a moderate depth of technical expertise in enterprise applications, application portfolio management, vendor management, application development and support practices.
Functional / Technical Responsibilities
* Understand business issues and lead cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions in the
development and support of critical business applications taking into consideration performance, scalability, integration, support, and availability with realistic implementation schedules.
* Oversee efforts to define systems scope and objectives, identify systems interfaces, devise or modify
procedures to solve problems and develop detailed specifications.
* Oversee application and product support (including custom applications and COTS) through various stages of the development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, implementation, maintenance and support for all critical business systems that directly impact the administrative, academic and student populations.
* Oversee Level 2 and 3 production support for all production applications related issues and manage critical business system support.
* Oversee budgeting (operational and capital) processes and quality improvement activities for the Enterprise Application Services group.
* Ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and apply in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, implementing and supporting critical business systems analysis and applications development projects and programs.
* Establish SLAs for the supported critical business applications with approval from management.
* Provide direct oversight of staff executing all aspects of Enterprise Business Systems development and management, application support and COTS applications development and management.
* Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of the IT and application services industry, business issues and best practices; evaluate implications to ITS.
* Develop and communicate organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
* Establish primary and backup roles for each team member. Define and execute training plans to ensure coverage across all critical applications.
* Drive team member engagement through building effective relationships, communication and management oversight.
* Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
* Work in partnership with ITS senior leaders on strategic initiatives related to enterprise application services to continuously improve policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
* Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders across the institution’s administrative, academic and student groups and partner across the ITS Senior Leadership team to align with BCCC’s internal and external client demands.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
* 7 - 10 years related experience.
* Leadership and management experience of several direct reports.
* Experienced in application design, development, integration and support processes and procedures.
* Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
* Experience in Higher Education information technology services and practices.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com