Associate Director - Admissions Digital Content
Associate Director Admissions Digital Content
Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12month
Clark University’s Undergraduate Admissions seeks to fill the position of Associate Director Admissions Digital Content. Reporting to the Director of Admissions Outreach, the successful candidate will be a dynamic, journalistically minded, and deadline-oriented communicator, responsible for developing compelling and relevant digital and video content in support of Clark’s undergraduate recruitment efforts.
The Associate Director will be a talented digital storyteller — with experience in text, video, photography, audio, social, or a mixture of the above. They will deliver content for three primary audiences: prospective students, their parents, and guidance counselors. Primary duties include developing a deep understanding of Clark and showcasing the distinctive aspects of a Clark education, including the culture, community, as well as the city of Worcester. They should excel at relationship building, especially with faculty, students, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Undergraduate Admissions’ presence on a variety of social media platforms including YouTube, twitter, snapchat, Facebook, etc.
- Create compelling content across a variety of media channels, serves the marketing strategy of the undergraduate admissions office.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, initiating and building strong and productive working relationships with faculty, students, and staff across campus.
- Be fluent digital storyteller for the Clark admissions brand across a variety of media, understanding the people, places, culture, and history that make Clark a distinctive and compelling option for undergraduate study.
- Develop an understanding of the metrics that demonstrate success across the various platforms; develop at least an entry-level familiarity with Google Analytics and other measurement systems.
- Collaborate with other Clark offices (Marketing and Communications, Graduate Admissions, etc.) in order to maximize resources and amplify best content.
- Maintain Admissions presence on social media by occasionally posting— and/or managing student employees engaged in such tasks
- Manage one or more student workers.
- Research best practices and trends for social media engagement as well as overall design of social media accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, media arts, marketing, or a related field, required.
- 2 plus years of professional social media experience, particularly in positions that require use of digital communications tools.
- Demonstrated skills as a writer, videographer, photographer, digital media creator, and familiarity with digital publishing.
- Video production and editing experience, required.
- Self-starter with exceptionally strong writing and editing capabilities, strong project-management capabilities, required.
- Team player who thinks creatively and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience building content calendars, promoting posts, and tracking and generating reports as needed.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Knowledgeable in the use of cutting-edge social media tools and technologies to help take our social channels to the next level.
- Strong project management — organized, adaptable, and approachable.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to become a trusted partner within the office and across the campus.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace; ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to capture the life and activities that take place on Clark’s residential campus outside of traditional business hours, required.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Applicants must reference Job code 190272 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...