Senior Associate Dean
Senior Associate Dean of the College
Job Code 190274
Dean of the College
Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12 months
Clark University’s Dean of the College seeks to fill the position of Senior Associate Dean of the College. Reporting to the Associate Provost and Dean of the College, the successful candidate will responsible for developing, implementing and assessing strategies to support undergraduate student success.
The Senior Associate Dean will serve as a member of the leadership team participating in policy development, strategic planning and enrollment management, assessment of programs and initiatives, and project management; interact directly with students, as well as work collaboratively with partners across the University including faculty, Student Affairs, Strategic Analytics and Institutional Research to establish processes to identify at risk students and to develop intervention strategies for engaging students in appropriate services needed for academic success.
Duties and Responsibilities-Included in a range of responsibilities, the Senior Associate Dean will:
- Provide leadership, develop programming, and serve as liaison with faculty and other administrative units to further enhance the academic accomplishments of undergraduate students, with particular attention to those most at-risk of attrition including those who are first generation college, lower socio-economic, have family or personal challenges, under-represented student populations.
- Serve as a primary liaison between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs. Lead cross-divisional committees to address immediate intervention as well as long-term student success strategies.
- Empower and encourage all members of the community to engage in retention and student success efforts.
- Utilize institutional data to inform development of services, programs and interventions, especially around retention/persistence; gather data and report as requested on retention issues. Regularly evaluate and assess academic success and retention initiatives, providing insight into current research, best practices, and technology applications.
- Investigate and pursue potential grant opportunities to support success and retention initiatives.
Supervision of Academic Success Units:
- Manage a comprehensive academic support unit within the Dean of the College office including oversight of functional areas of services for students with disabilities, academic coaching and advising, case management, and local & global opportunities. Hire, supervise, train and provide leadership for professional staff and student workers in these areas. Direct reports include the directors of Academic Advising, Accessibility Services, Academic Supports, the tutoring center, prestigious fellowships & scholarships, and local/global opportunities.
- Represent the Dean of the College Office at open house and other Admissions events, first-year and transfer orientations, and other university events as designated.
- Serve on committees within the University and attend staff meetings as required.
- Supervise the Academic Advising Center (including student appeals on exceptions to academic policy and student academic integrity), Accessibility Services and Academic Supports (that includes oversight of student case management, peer tutoring & mentoring program, a First Year Experience program, and academic probation), prestigious fellowships & scholarships, and local & global learning opportunities (including Study Abroad and Community Engagement).
- Other duties as required by the Dean of the College.
- Doctorate degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of higher education experience with increasing responsibility in the area of student success and/or retention.
- In-depth knowledge of current research and best practices in student development, success and retention.
- Demonstrated success at relationship-building and collaborating with different campus constituencies.
- Strong organizational, writing, speaking, and supervisory skills. Oral and written skills to communicate in a diverse environment at all levels, with tact and diplomacy in order to achieve program and campus goals. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic dynamics within a University setting.
- Skill in handling the academic and social pressures encountered by students at a highly-selective, liberal arts-based research university.
- Experience working with Banner would be desirable.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications should include a letter explaining the match between the qualities and qualifications of the candidate and the position requirements, a resume, and a list of at least three references with contact information sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Applicants must reference Job code 190274 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...