Full-time/ 37.5 hours/ 12 month
Clark University’s Geography Department seeks to fill the position of Office Coordinator. Reporting to the Department Administrator, the successful candidate will provide general assistance to visitors, faculty, staff, and students. The position requires excellent communication and computer skills; solid record keeping abilities; strong customer service orientation; and an ability to multi task, meet deadlines, and problem solve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Main Office
- Act as the main point of contact for the department; process purchases, reimbursements, funding requests, and assist with computer access, room and transportation reservations.
- Help maintain department archives and files.
- Keep student payroll, operating, office supply, and event expenses within budget; Manage student workers (hire, train and supervise).
- Manage department keys and alarm codes.
- Oversee & process course and TA evaluations and keep archives.
- Maintain printer/media equipment, software, computer, and other asset management
- Maintain general department webpage updates, incl. faculty bios with assistance from the student Media Content Editor and Graphic Designer
- Process Goddard Library Department Book Orders
- Check Geography email regularly and answers or otherwise processes emails
- Assists with Department meetings and events
Provides staff support to Geography faculty and other staff including, but not limited to:
- Room and van reservations
- Media equipment reservations & setup
- General/travel booking and reimbursements
- Desk Copy Requests
- Assist Department Administrator with faculty searches, COP cases, Facilities projects, and day-to-day operations/trouble-shooting
- Additional duties as needed.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 month position with an anticipated hourly rate between $16.00-$17.25, excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <email@example.com> .
Applicants must reference Job code 199576 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com