Information Technology Services
Information Security Engineer
Job Code 199298
Information Technology Services
Full-time/ 40 hours/12 month
Clark University’s Information Technology Services department seeks to fill the position of Information Security Engineer . Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the successful candidate will identify information security risks as well as define, implement, and maintain mitigating technical controls; ensure compliance with University information security policies and enforce implementation of the University’s security architecture including the auditing and safeguarding of computer systems and data/networking components, oversight of security configuration and monitoring, and application security assessments and vulnerability scans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the University’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) on information security tools, techniques, and processes; assist peers to configure and deploy applications and systems in a secure manner.
- Design, implement, and maintain security applications and infrastructure to support University policies as well as federal and state security/data privacy regulations.
- Analyze information across systems and networks to identify and respond to potential security incidents and data breaches; participate in incident response and recovery activities as required.
- Serve as technical lead on security projects; administer security-related infrastructure and applications such as SIEM tools, vulnerability scanning/management, NGFW, email sanitation tools, MFA, and other security-related infrastructure; suggest, implement, and maintain new technologies as required to support the ever-changing security landscape.
- Plan and conduct infrastructure security assessments and vulnerability scans of all layers of the information technology ecosystem including networking, servers, operating systems, databases and applications; analyze findings for system owners.
- Participate in external professional organizations that are relevant to the objectives of Clark’s information security program such as EDUCAUSE, REN-ISAC, SANS, etc; provide reports and presentations on the status of security controls and security industry trends/technologies to ITS management.
- Monitor ITS’s business continuity and disaster recovery program and validate against industry best practices; routinely review, test, and improve program.
- Collaborate with Information Privacy and Compliance Analyst to conduct information security threat modeling exercises, risk assessments, and workshops.
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to applications, information systems, and data assets to ensure internal security controls for the University are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Stay abreast of latest security technologies; maintain a strong knowledge base of industry and technology trends that help the support the information security requirements of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in computer science, engineering, or other technical discipline plus a minimum of 3 years of experience working in information technology, security, or risk management. CISSP or equivalent certification is preferred. Comparable success and work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement; experience in a higher education environment, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate University business needs and information security compliance requirements into supporting enterprise-wide data security standards.
- Familiarity and experience with information security standards (e.g., NIST 800-53, ISO 27001/2, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data privacy (e.g., MA 201 CMR 17, FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR etc.); working knowledge of desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles and best practices for risk identification, management, and analysis.
- In depth knowledge of vulnerability management and exploit analysis tools, networking technologies, common protocols, services and related security issues required; experience with Data Loss Prevention, Identity Management, IPS/IDS, NGFW, MFA, and SIEM solutions as well as experience documenting technical standards and operational policies required; experience with cloud and data center security also desired.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; strong project management skills and the proven ability to build trust and work well with all levels of management and technical staff are required.
- Able to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of technical fluency including the ability to explain and document complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand; the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University; the ability to communicate progress/challenges to appropriate personnel effectively.
- A demonstrated understanding of business operations, information technology and data security as it relates to monitoring, maintaining and implementing data security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
- Excellent customer service skills; a high degree of integrity relative to data security and confidentiality of information required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> . Applicants must reference Job code 199298 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...