Associate Director of Content Strategy and Development
Director of Digital Strategy
Job Code 199239
Marketing and Communications
Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University, whose motto is “Challenge Convention, Change Our World,” seeks candidates for a position that is crucial to our continuing mission to reimagine our digital universe. The Director of Digital Strategy will require artistic talent, the technical capacities of a webmaster, and a strong work ethic. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with campus partners to maintain a vibrant online presence.
The Director of Digital Strategy is primarily responsible for building, measuring and enhancing Clark’s online profile to raise the University’s visibility and attractiveness with prospective and current undergraduate and graduate students, parents, alumni, donors and influencers; will work closely with colleagues in University Marketing and Communications and Information Technology Services to design, build, nurture, and manage the University’s website to deliver a user-defined, content-centric experience that authentically communicates the Clark ethos, entices key audiences with compelling visual design, messaging and storytelling, and drives action.
In close collaboration with key stakeholders across the University, the Director will recommend, design, and execute results-driven online communications that support Clark’s recruitment, enrollment and fundraising goals and advance the University’s academic mission. The Director will identify goals, objectives, and key performance metrics for Clark’s digital assets; continually monitor, analyze and report on usage and effectiveness; and provide actionable insights and decision support.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, design or a related field and 8+ years of experience in digital design and user experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google analytics and the role of metrics in website planning and development, and experience with SEO, keywords, analytics, measurement, reporting and user-testing.
- Experience in higher education is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Professional experience managing, nurturing and measuring a complex website, with a strong focus on user experience, content strategy and information architecture.
- Strong project management capabilities and experience working with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize web content to advance search performance (SEO), increase website engagement, enhance the mobile experience, and increase lead generation activity.
- Knowledge of and experience with all common social media channels.
- Experience using Drupal or a similar enterprise-wide content management system.
This is a full-time position with outstanding benefits including employee and family tuition benefits, generous retirement plan contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, health insurance, free use of campus fitness center, and many more. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please email resume and cover letter, and contact information for three professional references, to <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Job Code 199239 must be referenced in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com