Social Media, Marketing Communications Manager
Social Media, Marketing Communications Manager.
Job Code 199291
Marketing and Communications
Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Clark University has a great story to tell, and we’re looking for the right person to tell it. Our Marketing and Communications office seeks to fill the position of Social Media, Marketing Communications Manager.
The successful candidate will drive social media efforts that engage many audiences, none more important than current, and prospective Clark students and families. This role requires tapping into the great things our students are doing, knowing what matters to them, and assessing the best ways to communicate about their experiences on, and beyond, campus. The position demands someone who is thoughtful and creative, respectful and accurate, and who possesses an instinctual feel for content with impact. The successful candidate will enlighten the world about the accomplishments of our faculty and alumni, delivering news of the Clark mission as far as the digi-verse will take it.
The candidate also will work alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications on a variety of projects to help bring the Clark brand to life and achieve the reputational and revenue goals of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities:
- Oversee the University’s main social media channels, strategizes, creates, and executes social media calendars and campaigns; work to increase engagement among multiple audiences on social media platforms, and exercises sound judgment in creation and dissemination of social media content, specifically regarding value to the institution and appropriateness.
- Ensure consistency in social tone and voice across all platforms.
- Help train and mentor departments on best practices; present to groups across campus when requested.
- Produce social media analytics and reports, as requested.
- Manage a team of student workers (Social Squad) to help generate content for all social media platforms.
- Manage and develop digital tracking and advertising for various campaigns.
- Research best practices and trends for social media engagement as well as overall design of social media accounts.
- Monitor social media trends and advise editorial the team on possible story ideas.
- Create and implement marketing and communications strategies that fortify Clark’s brand and elevate its reputation while ensuring a clear and consistent voice, imagery, and brand positioning for the university.
- Organize and manage a variety of projects involving different constituencies on campus.
- Assist in meeting preparation, video and photoshoots both on and off campus, take notes at meetings, and provide support at events.
- Process and complete marketing requests, seeing projects through from concept to completion.
- Assisting team members with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested.
- Support the in-house marketing and design team by coordinating and collating content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, required.
- 3-5 years of professional social media experience, particularly in positions that require use of digital communications tools.
- Be a self-starter and have exceptionally strong writing and editing capabilities, strong project-management capabilities, be a team player, think creatively, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience building content calendars, promoting posts, and tracking and generating reports as needed.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Knowledgeable in the use of cutting-edge social media tools and technologies to help take our social channels to the next level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as experience with Hootsuite and social media analytics (including Google Analytics and Facebook Insight).
- Strong project manager — organized, adaptable, and approachable.
- Familiarity with Adobe products or experience doing basic graphic design is a plus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> . Applicants must reference Job code 199291 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...