Academic Chair, Math & Engineering Sciences
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Learner and Academic Services is focused on creating and supporting services and processes that enable and enrich SAITís student experience. Learner and Academic Services brings together academic development, delivery and quality assurance of learning systems while providing resources and services designed to help students reach their full academic potential. Through a diverse range of campus life activities and unique, flexible programming, Learner and Academic Services helps students succeed at SAIT.
CORE Education in Learner and Academic Services is a service department, serving the needs of many programs on campus for post-secondary core courses.
CORE Educationís three main instructional service areas are Communications and Liberal Arts Studies, Mathematics and Engineering Sciences, and Technology Literacy.
This positionís primary focus will be on the delivery of business and technical mathematics, physics and engineering sciences core and elective courses to diploma and degree programs and to liaise with program personnel to ensure service courses meet program needs.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Academic Chair is a management-level position that manages activities related to CORE service courses, the Education Plan, and departmental and institutional strategic goals and initiatives, including, but not limited to: Sustainable Growth, Student Success, Employee Success, Applied Education Innovation, and Partnerships. The position will provide leadership in teaching, curriculum excellence and scholarly activites, and manage employee recruitment and development.
- Work as a contributing member of a collaborative leadership team to strategically manage, grow and strengthen our programs
- Work with department Curriculum Coordinator to ensure that related courses go through regular review according to the CORE Education course quality assurance process
- Coach and support new and existing instructors with course preparation
- Lead academic excellence in the areas of teaching, research, curriculum, credentials, accreditation, articulation and innovation
- Optimize the student experience through management of learner satisfaction, enrollment and internationalization/diversity opportunities
- Develop, maintain, and grow connections with external stakeholders in industry
- Support stakeholders through new program and growth opportunities and enhancing graduate employment rates
- Collaborate with other Academic Chairs in schools to grow and strengthen SAIT programs
- Manage administration requirements, including budgeting, forecasting, recruiting faculty and students, assigning teaching duties, etc
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders
Please apply through our website:
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers-Canada.com or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.UniversityJobsCanada.com