University of Valley Forge
The University of Valley Forge invites applications for the position of Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant includes transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. S/He serves as a key resource for the University and provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support.
- Assist with developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedure and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations and laws as well as best practice.
- Prepare University and program budget.
- Prepare and, monitor Program, OMB A-133, and annual financial year-end audits.
- Periodically review accounting and financial controls and processes for entire University.
- Interface with donor development staff to assure timely and accurate reporting and compliance.
- Review the preparation of required reports for private, multi-lateral, and government donors.
- Review inventory and fixed asset physical counts.
- Coordinate monthly and year-end close.
- Analysis financial performance.
- Prepare supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts, analyze and reconcile specific balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and informed decision making.
- Provide accounting oversight to Student Accounts and review all aspects of headquarters accounts receivable, cash receipts, and banking, including the review of supporting documentation.
- Process and post journal entries for routine transactions in the accounting software and ensure accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Maintain the fixed assets register. Cross train on accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts processes and payroll.
- Prepare donor and grand payment requests.
- Prepare periodic financial, grant, fund and administrative reports.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- BA or higher in Accounting or Finance. CPA strongly preferred.
- Two to five years of related accounting experience in a nonprofit university setting.
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Proactive problem solving skills. Effective time management skills, self-motivated, critical attention to details and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Analytic and detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- An openly committed Christian, living a Spirit-filled life (Acts 2:4, Ephesians 5:18ff); affirming a doctrinal position consistent with Assemblies of God beliefs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Public Accountant licensed in Pennsylvania is strongly preferred. Membership in the AICPA and the Pennsylvania Society of CPAs is strongly encouraged.
The University of Valley Forge is an accredited University of Arts, Sciences, and Professions on a beautiful 106-acre Chester County campus, with more than 50 undergraduate majors, 8 graduate programs and dozens of credentialed and dedicated professors who are committed to the mission to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and the world. The University of Valley Forge is located in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
The University hereby affirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, genetic information or status as a disabled veteran.
To apply email resume:
Veronica A. Bird,
Director – Human Resources,
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Valley Forge and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com