Lead Charge Nurse
South Orange County Community College District
Irvine Valley College
Lead Charge Nurse
Job Close Date: 03/29/2019
Pay Range: 142, step 1 is $6,722.00 per month.
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from the Assistant Dean Health, Wellness and Veterans Services, oversees, coordinates, functionally supervises, and participates in the performance of a variety of duties involved in providing quality total nursing care to patients; participates with the Assistant Dean Health, Wellness and Veterans Services and the Mental Health Provider in establishing specific goals for patient care; determines work procedures and expedites work flow; implements specific procedures and programs; ensures compliance with all operating policies and procedures as well as pertinent rules and regulations; performs a variety of administrative duties related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Principles and practices of program development and implementation.
• Principles and practices of providing training, work direction, and guidance to staff.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including California Department of Health regulations and Federal Health Care Administration regulations.
• Current techniques and practices used in advanced first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• General nursing skills, practices and licensing regulations required of a Registered Nurse.
• Resources available in providing quality nursing care to patients including local health and human care resources.
• A wide variety of health issues such as nutrition, stress management, reproductive health, mental health, communicable diseases, alcohol and substance abuse and sexual assault. Assessment techniques and nursing interventions for chronic and acute physical, mental, social, and emotional problems.
• Record keeping and filing principles, methods, and procedures.
• Confidentiality requirements when dealing with personal and sensitive student information.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Principles and practices used to establish and maintain files and information retrieval systems.
• Work organization principles and practices.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
• Diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Independently coordinate, direct, and participate in the provision of quality total nursing care.
• Functionally supervise, train, and evaluate the skill set of assigned staff.
• Understand the organization and operation of the District as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
• Understand, interpret, and apply administrative and office policies and procedures as well as pertinent laws, regulations, standards of practice, and ordinances.
• Correctly assess the severity of and adopt an efficient and effective course of action for illnesses, injuries, and emergencies.
• Provide accurate health information to students, faculty, and staff.
• Refer patients to appropriate health care provider for definitive care of chronic, serious, and suspicious health complaints.
• Maintain control in emergency health care situations.
• Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
• Perform basic statistical calculations.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate levels of medical supplies and medications.
• Understand oral and written directions.
• Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software applications.
• Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
• Use correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Work independently and effectively in the absence of supervision.
• Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited college or university.
Four years of experience as a clinician in a school/college, community health, acute/urgent, or emergency care setting.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid Registered Nurse license issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of California Board of Nursing Education and Nurse Registration.
Possession of a valid CPR/AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automatic External Defibrillation) Certificate.
Possession of a valid Public Health Nurse, ACLS, and BLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support & Basic Life Support) certification highly desirable.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com