Director of Major Gifts
The Director of Major Gifts plays a key role in the campaign, and will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals and organizations to support the mission and goals of Regis University.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Principal Gifts and Special Projects, the Director collaborates with the major gifts team with strategies for assigned major gift prospects, including intent, amount, timing, and solicitation method. Management and implementation of a campaign unit initiative will be part of this leadership role. This individual will be a skilled fundraiser, strong communicator and a person who works collaboratively with and through others to achieve success.
He/she is expected to work independently to be self-motivated in initiating contacts with prospects. The Director will also be expected to work in a collegial manner with university leaders and the major gifts team in creating and implementing strategies and goal setting designed to achieve annual fundraising and activity goals. The Director will be expected to seek opportunities to align efforts across internal departments to strengthen fundraising activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The major duties and responsibilities of the Director of Major Gifts include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects and donors with the interest, affinity and capability to give at the major gift level of $50,000 plus.
- Serve as the Advancement liaison to the Anderson College of Business (ACB) and the College of Contemporary Liberal Studies (CCLS) in regard to fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with Anderson College of Business leadership to identify and align philanthropic initiatives and funding opportunities, including campaign management and coordination, fundraising strategy design and implementation and donor solicitation.
- Maintain a calendar of local, regional and national travel to build relationships and engage major gift prospects, resulting in significant support for Anderson College of Business fundraising priorities.
- Collaborate with the other major gift officers to establish relationships with individuals and organizations interested in fundraising initiatives.
Please review posting at:†Regis University Careers
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Regis University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com