Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Summary of Position's Responsibilities:
- Attend all classes with students and maintain effective communications with the course instructor to discuss student progress, assess student needs, get feedback, and generates notes and model note-taking skills from course content.
- Facilitate and organize the structure out of the class group and individual tutoring sessions to include clarifying course concepts and developing study skills.
- Facilitate individual student mastery of key concepts presented in class through practical exercises and demonstrations which reinforce important definitions, rules, skills, and processes.
- Provide guidance on effective learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress and Assist students in becoming successful, independent learners.
- Maintain appropriate correspondence with students regarding course and tutoring information.
- Create workshop modules to include handouts, an instruction guide, a PowerPoint presentation, and web links for further information.
- Prepare practice materials and worksheets to include in the Resource Library. Maintain course and tutoring required records.
- Maintain tutoring session attendance records.
- Attend meetings/tutor training as required and participate in the Faculty Institute. Maintain a professional working environment in the classroom and tutoring centers.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com