The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The appointees will be required to:
- conduct research in related areas and contribute to the development of the Departmentís strategic research area of urban informatics, and its corresponding research direction in Spatial Big Data Modelling and Analytics, Smart Positioning and Mobility, and Urban Sensing and Measurement;
- initiate, lead and participate in scholarly research in his/her area of expertise and be active in research leading to quality journal publications and in bidding for external research grants and projects;
- undertake teaching duties in relevant subject areas at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- participate in programme/curriculum planning, development and administration of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes;
- supervise student research projects and theses;
- undertake relevant administrative duties; and
- peform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department or his delegates.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointments will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/TC.htm.
Applicants should state clearly the discipline they apply for, and their current and expected salary in the application.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com